What's new

Exedy Hyper Twin Plate Clutch & Flywheel

Reaction score
Country
hi, its been on the car since the end of 2009, done about 15-20k km. works fine and bites hard.

how much you rekon its worth? on average?

thanks

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
It's worth £1,500 new and please don't sell it... you'll never get a better clutch kick or better instant transfer of power compared to regular organics...

Reaction score
Country
It's worth £1,500 new and please don't sell it... you'll never get a better clutch kick or better instant transfer of power compared to regular organics...

i just keep stalling and everywhere i drive is mostly stopping and starting all the time. embarrassing to keep stalling lol, what about a exedy twin paddle clutch?

Reaction score
Website
www.driftworks.com
Country
Worth about £550. Twin plate clutches are BAD for Silvia boxes, unless it's a nismo super copper mix. I believe you might be able to fit two nismo RS240 V3 discs into it, which would make an insanely good clutch, although you'd have to have the clutch off to check it. This would also stop you stalling and stop your gearbox being eaten... Transmission shock is what kills sr boxes!

If you only plan to use the car for circuit then I'd leave it in there tbh, but drag launching or drifting will end up in disaster lol. Stalling problem is down to it being unsprung and light... Man up and rev up! The engine can take it!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol yeah forgot to say it's worth £1,500 brand new although I didn't pay this much as I got a special deal on it from supplier (even though it was still brand new at the time) :)

Yep it's not known to be kind to SR boxes... I was always using it under the impression that if it killed my box I'd simpy upgrade to an RB25 box conversion so this wasn't going to upset me!

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
the hyper twin is a twin paddle is it not??

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
but the clutch friction discs are segmented.....

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I'm not sure on the differences... if there are any differences??

All I know and ever refer to the clutch is EXEDY TWIN PLATE... whether this differes from twin paddle I have no idea lol. Best check with an expert in this field mate... wouldn't like to hazard a guess?! :wack:

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
either way if you are struggling with the twin, then fitting a paddle isn't going to solve it. the best thing would be to fit a heavy duty organic clutch. you can't slip a paddle to pull away, so it's the same thing of matching revs before pulling away ;) i have the hyper single paddle and it's a great clutch, but again you have to master the stop/start operation. once you're off and rolling, it's as easy to use as any other....

Reaction score
Country
well its strange because we have a exedy twin paddle in our skyline and thats alot easier to control then the exedy hyper twin plate. well imo anyways. but ill have to see.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Best thing mate is to ask around and see if you can get confirmation from an S14/15 owner with same 'twin paddle' clutch who can give you first hand feedback :)

Although if you're not going to be drifting then the Exedy organic as Dean says is an awesome clutch and brilliant all rounder for what you need as a daily and fast road etc. I had this clutch before I upgraded to the twin plate version that's on there now lol...