How do you like this front bumper?

D

dns15

looks alright cept needing some lips to make it look lower
is this a photoshoped pic
oh and this is the only pic that worked so delete the other 2 threads

P

paulphot

Doesn't do much for me, the side air dams look like the lines run opposite to the rest of the car, doesn't flow with it.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
They are photoshoped yeh??

If they are not, how does it stay together?? :p, the bottom part would just drop away :D

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Cant see it working myself, you would still see something :nod:

Just get one of these -

**Please ignore washer bottle shinney ness**

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Topper. Thats a big shiny washer-bottle you got there :)
Was there a car in that picture :confused: I only saw a washer bottle :p :D

A

Autech_NZ

silviac the last ones you posted look disturbingly like the wide gaping mouths of the peugoets(sp) :ghey:

cant go wrong with the aero

S

silviac

dns15 said:
looks alright cept needing some lips to make it look lower
is this a photoshoped pic
Oh yes i have the lip but need to modify and i don't have time so it will be end of this year :)
It's not photoshopped. its real haha

Nicely said:
Bit too much like standard. Lip would help
I've removed the other two threads BTW...
Haha of course cos i modified stock bumper. Definitely lip will go on later.

S15R said:
I'd rather have the stock bumper
i rather have my modifed stock bumper. it's not yet finished but i still attain stock looking. That was the whole purpose.

lj~R said:
+1
not much differences to the standard one
personaly, not worth to get
Yes not much if you don't really compare properly.
The middle has been cut off. Instead of round side, I have now one like
--
| /
-
Ah well it's hard to draw but say trapezium. Hole is bigger so from the distance, it look better and the sharp corner now blends the sharpness of Silvia.

paulphot said:
Doesn't do much for me, the side air dams look like the lines run opposite to the rest of the car, doesn't flow with it.
I assume you are talking about the little tail line of the sharp edge right?
Yes you are exactly right. I couldn't do much about it since stock has three different levels of lins; top line of the middle hole, top line of side hole and the line on the side that links to side of the car.
I wanted to blend in but it was hard to modify with minimum work(still lots of time tho) but after all, i have front fender with holess which lines up with this line and hoping it will look ok.

Topper said:
Is that not just the stock bumper with the fog lights removed
Yes initially I just removed fog light bracket and straightened inner side of side holes but then i felt it looked like Vertex and also needed to have sharp corner to match image of Silvia.

Topper said:
They are photoshoped yeh??

If they are not, how does it stay together?? , the bottom part would just drop away
Yes they are :) I like kind of Ferarri style so thought if I could implement the design. :wave: It's kinda ok you know just one massive hole with mesh and support behind the mesh.

After all, I had the bumper say... near free. I gave a try to get new shape which might suit better.

To be honest, I do not like any of aftermarket bumper at all. Even Aero bumper needs some kind of design improving to me. Example, cut the middle support and the side duct thing. But it blend the best without fog I must say. I think I know every lines of Silvia and how they connect but still some can be improved.

I over judged my bumper. It still needs improving especially the level of side.
Also thinking of cutting the bottom of middle hole since I will have the lip.

Anyway now my whole bodykit is made by me :D i'm proud of that.

This is my second stage of bodykit which is a little extremier than first. I wanted to have it in as stock looking as possible or how stock silvia could have looked.

My third stage is waiting for me which will be a little more extreme.

Everything takes time and not being a full time customising worker, its hard to do all in time. With timless research in, particularly, design, everything is taking me to next level of adventure.

D

dns15

its actually looking alright cept its still too high
id still prefer vertex front bumper over that
how much did it cost u to modify it?

S

silviac

dns15 said:
its actually looking alright cept its still too high
id still prefer vertex front bumper over that
how much did it cost u to modify it?
I KNOW that :D

After all it's still factory and I HAVE lip to go with it but just don't have time to modify a bit and put it on.
Factory is low enough to scrape on humps where I go. I have to go about 70-80 degree to get clear shot.

I don't like side holes on Vertex. still roundy..

Ah cost wise..... PRICELESS HaHaHa
how much labour should I charge for myself per hour.... Hmmm... 40? 60? 100~!!! :cool: :D

Anyway I got the new design sorted for the front so yeah when I get time, start work on it!