What's new

FMI

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
I'm looking at getting a FMI and have my eye on a Apex type 2 over the type 1,
advantages being no relocation of battery/ no holes drilled /no wire moving/ no grinding of chasis rales.
Disadvantage is slightly longer pipework.

I've been talking to someone with a type 2 on with a 14a, he's running 280bhp and hes having no lag problem's at all.
Apex reackon the type 2 is good for 400bhp no problem.

Just wondering if anyones got a type 2 fitted to a s15,
and from the picture underneath does the front bodywork run the same on the 15 as the 14a?

oh one more thing my front fog lights should still be able to fit with the type 2,wth a slight mod to the passenger light.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The 380bhp S14a won't be having any lag problems because it will also have a bigger turbo, so a comparison can't really be made. You would need to ask someone running a T28 before and after to get a true opinion.

However, longer IC pipework will produce more lag.

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
Oooops sorry nicely .....i meant 280 not 380 :eek:

he is running the standard T28 with his boost turned up a little.
he was putting in 13.5's at pod.

must go edit my post :p

H

Hank S15

Get a smaller battery, cut a nice and tidy hole... that isnt a real big problem.

To be honest.. this kinda looks silly :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I have to agree with Hank. I used to feel the way you did, which is why I took a chargecooler route with the S14. Having fitted the type 1 Apex FMIC, it really isn't a vast amount of hassle.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Go with the regular kit I say :)
The part that is most time consuming is cutting the front-bar and trial fitting it. Think I did it 10times before I got it right.

I fitted my regular one with only the help of a dremel and a hole saw.
Took abit of time and I really recommend using an angle grinder instead :D

Another problem with the type-2 pipework is that it eliminates the usuall place to fit an oil-cooler if you would want one of them later on.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yakozan said:
The part that is most time consuming is cutting the front-bar and trial fitting it. Think I did it 10times before I got it right.
:nod: Had to do this again with my new Aero bumper :rolleyes: Took my time with this one though...

You will probably have to trim the bumper with the Type 2 as well...

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
ok so you dont like the type 2 :p

but can anyone anwser my question about the bodywork,
is it the same as the 14a from the picture.

i'm edging towards the type 2 as i'm not planning anymore major power upgrades,
no oil cooler planned,my battery is only 2 months old that cost me ?70,
i spoken to a few guys on sxoc and they say the type 2 is fine.

kim x

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
i myself am gonna go for either the greddy or apex type 1 as they will look better aswell the ones that go as same as stock dont look that good aswell u got a big battery or small one as ive got a small one

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You aren't going to tell from a photo, I'm afraid. Its the small things which are a pain. You're going to have to bite the bullet and try it if you're set on it. That's what I had to do with the Type 1. Its the front which is going to be different.

Reaction score
i'm just not sure i like the idea of loosing my fogs! :( i really do want a FMIC though! lol

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
They're fogs, not spots. I've only had one occaision in over a year when I could legally use them... I fitted these:

One time in my S14, I was unaware a garage had left them on after an MoT (S14 fogs aren't built in to the lighting like the S15). Was driving through town at night when a copper stopped right in front of me, got out and threatened me with an on-the-spot if I didn't turn them off...

Reaction score
yea, i don't drive round saxo chav' stylee with them on, but i just like the look of them being there.....

although, i guess loosing fogs to get a FMIC is a small price to pay...?? :)

J

Jono

Dazz0i said:
yea, i don't drive round saxo chav' stylee with them on
Come on now Daz, be honest... :p

I was just thinking about the fog-light issue last night... Where I live it does get really foggy through October/November, quite often in fact.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I drive through several valleys on the way to work, so get fog too. However, its in daylight 9 out of 10 times, so fogs add nothing to what you can see except your own visibility. And the headlight do that just as well. And remember, you aren't supposed to have them on unless visibility is under 100 metres. So, lets face it, you're worried about the losing the LOOK of them... :p Stick an FMIC on the front, and you won't be that worried. As has been said, you will gain a hell of a lot more from using the FMIC for 365 days of the year than NOT using the fogs for 364....

Reaction score
yea, with me not really using my car during the day...and only for social use..... i could happily not go out or take the van if that bothered...

FMIC all the way! :D lol decision made!!! not really taken a good look down that way, is the mesh cut for the fogs to fit?? will that need replacing too?