What's new

what speed is a S15 actually capable of?

Reaction score
Country
just abit of curiousity on what top speed our s15s are capable of as my mates s14 done 160 easily enough and i mean standard one or one running a bar of boost?just always wondered as dont like the idea of giving it that much grief to find out.

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
I've had mine to 240kph with plenty of room left. It started knocking so I let out, once it's retuned with the Meth I'll try it again.

That's off GPS btw, the stock speedo can't be trusted at that speed.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I've seen 165mph @ 1.2 bar on the TomTom with a reasonable amount left to go. I think 175-180 would be the max at my stage of tune. S-Body's look fairly aerodynamic (especially spoilerless ones) and seem to do well with top end speed. Standard S14 is supposed to do 146mph.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
don't know whether to trust the speedo up top but 160 is the most mines ever displayed - didn't feel like it had hit the roof but not sure how much was left. i agree with craig, spoilerless probably does help with the speed but definitely doesn't feel quite as stable at those speeds without one...

Reaction score
Country
ive managed 150mph on our local stretch ;) but braking is a pain at those speeds so havent had the bottle to continue but would be nice to see something near the 170 mark as a little bragging right :) .but like i said wouldnt wanna put the silv through it :(

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
definitely want a ks-3 before i do it again :nod:

Reaction score
Country
I've had 180 kph, and that was it. Well it went a bit over on the speedo before the limiter cut in.
Sounds faster saying 180 kph than 112 mph :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
You boys are brave! :wack: lol... ive see about 140mph GPS but the speedo was on 160! Rather inacurate

Jay

Reaction score
172 on the tomtom and i crapped myself. everything was shaking apart lol

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I think the gear box limit is 175mph. I'm at the ring in a few weeks so will see what I can get on that nice long straight :)

Reaction score
Country
I can only guess mine at the moment... as i´m running a S15 Spec R with VLSD from an auto with the S14 gearbox.

Should be shorter than the usual, i´ll give it a try soon.

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
I have had 175 on the high speed test track with mine at work. Stage 2a was screaming the Aston martin engineers were shocked lol

Reaction score
here in malaysia...during the local clubs night wangan we had a BPU+ (i know its a supra thing) member touching 281kph gps verified. I personally have taken mine to 275kph. was stable with a bit of wind noise. the theoretical top speed should be in excess of 300kph. Getting a road long enough would be the major challenge.

However pls drive safe when doing this. If you have to brake, do so in a straight line and avoid sudden pulls to the right or left. Let me share with you guys a horror story involving a wrx and a mate. Both were on a highway drag, speeds approaching 250+kph and this stalled lorry came out of nowhere. This was on a section of the highway where the usual 3 lanes were reduced to 2. with my mate on the right lane and the stalled truck on the left, the wrx driver pulled a sharp left into the emergency lane. We (mate and I) still believe with the massive brembos fitted on the rex, just punching the brake pedal would have slowed him down in time with maybe just a small nudge into the truck. As my mate pulled pass the truck, he never saw the wrx driver coming out of the emergency lane. The driver was seriously injured and the wrx, well, they arent the strongest cars in an accident so it was totalled like a heap of metal crap.

Reaction score
Country
I don't yet own an S15, but in my SiR I achieved 120mph, then the limiter kicked in!

I think testing out the top speed is something you have to do in every car you own lol

Reaction score
Country
I don't yet own an S15, but in my SiR I achieved 120mph, then the limiter kicked in!

I think testing out the top speed is something you have to do in every car you own lol
yeah very true as dangerous as it is .i managed 155 mph in my integra type r so i have a managed 150-155 mph in the silvia but at alot shorter distance