What's new

what speed is a S15 actually capable of?

Reaction score
Country
As a indication of what a stock one, freed up can do.

mines still on 185rwkw (250rwhp factory fuel map, 1bar boost) and it got to 225kph on a separate speed device with the factory speedo showing approx 250kph, was still climbing but the NZ roads arent smooth enough and with the fuel map out was a bit scared of running knock at that load doing 6k, so with another 1.2k on the rev counter too go, maybe another 20 - 30 kph before it went flat??

L

Luddy-C

My spec s hits the limiter at what looks like it would be about 200kph, but fk knows what actual speed it is. It would go past the limiter pretty handy if it could though. I've only hit it twice I think, because it feels like the back wheels lock when you do hit it and it's fairly scary :p

I presume most S15s are limited the same way tho unless there's some trick to removing it :wack:

Reaction score
If you get all the gearing ratios for the S15, I worked out my cars top speed with a 7.1k rpm rev limit and it was 185mph, but you've got to allow for wind resistance and other factors.

Martin Battye was in my car when we were live mapping it and we were doing quite a bit over 160.