What's new

Thinking about selling :(

What to do.

• Keep the S15 and continue to be a broke dude

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sell the S15, get the loan sorted and buy a Skyline R32GTR

• Sell the S15 and buy another lesser S15 (will probobly still have a small loan left to pay)

• Sell S15 and take a bigger loan and buy a Skyline R34GTR :wack:

• Sell S15 with as many stock parts as possible, sell the aftermarket parts on the forum and then get

• Total voters

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I've been thinking alot lately about selling the S15.
I don't want to, but since I've got the car my economy has been really stressed. mainly because of the ?10000 loan I took to buy it.

Love the car, but If I would sell it I would be able to live normally again.

Made up a poll about some different options I've been thinking about.
I will most definetly get another S15 later if I was to sell it.
Just not one with this low mileage and generally good condition.

Really love the S15, but If I was to get another one I can get it cheaper. The imports from japan has now been sorted here in Sweden so no need to take it to the UK first. This would save me alot of money if I was to buy a new one.

Don't know what to do, help me :cry:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
For some reason, I've had a premonition this was coming :(

The problem with selling and buying a different S15 via the Swedish import process is that you will never get back what it's cost you so far. Why would someone in Sweden buy your car if they can import one cheaper? So you've lost money straight away.

You could sell off all the mods if you've got OEM replacements, though your market is going to be restricted.

If you're struggling with money, the most sensible solution is to sell the car, pay off the loan, get on a better monetary standing and SAVE some money. Once you've done that, you can afford a replacement without really compromising your standard of living :)

M

Meddy

Yakozan said:
I've been thinking alot lately about selling the S15.
I don't want to, but since I've got the car my economy has been really stressed. mainly because of the ?10000 loan I took to buy it.

Love the car, but If I would sell it I would be able to live normally again.

Made up a poll about some different options I've been thinking about.
I will most definetly get another S15 later if I was to sell it.
Just not one with this low mileage and generally good condition.

Really love the S15, but If I was to get another one I can get it cheaper. The imports from japan has now been sorted here in Sweden so no need to take it to the UK first. This would save me alot of money if I was to buy a new one.

Don't know what to do, help me :cry:
Blimey its catching. :eek:

Pretty soon theres going to be no one left on here.

Its a difficult one for us to answer for you this mate as only you know the financial state your in, but if owning the cars is not allowing you to have any other life then I guess there is only one answer.

Just be prepared to deal with lots of dreamers and time wasters if you do decide to sell. Its doing my head in.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
My favourite option right now is to sell the S15 and buy a cheap R32GTR then after a year or so sell the Skyline and buy another S15.

I can definetly make money on the Skyline.

Edit: Meddy, After paying all my bills and the loan aswell as putting away money for food and gasoline, i have about ?150 over. And Stockholm is not a cheap city to live in :(

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Move to the UK, its cheaper to live here :wave:

Selling the S15 and buying a GTR doesnt sound like you will be saving much money, if you were to sell the S15 and drive your Golf for a year, then go back into an S15 that would make more sence :nod:

I voted the last option.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Topper said:
Move to the UK, its cheaper to live here :wave:

Selling the S15 and buying a GTR doesnt sound like you will be saving much money, if you were to sell the S15 and drive your Golf for a year, then go back into an S15 that would make more sence :nod:

I voted the last option.
Well to be honest. I hate the Golf.
It's so slow and no fun at all :D
Importing a Skyline and selling it in Sweden can actually generate some money.
And it would provide me with a fun Nissan car while I try to save up for another S15 :)
I can probobly afford a R32GTR without a loan if I sell the S15.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
First of all, Can you sell the S15?? I.e. is there a maket in Svensk for it?

2nd of all, if your trying to csave money i cant see buying the GTR being much of a halp :no:, also will you be able to buy the GTr and pay off your loan?

M

Meddy

We are guessing at hings here, but I like others struggle to see that buying a GTR is going to be a sensible option. Why not just put up with the Golf for 6-12 months then when your back on your feet financially buy something silly?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I've been browsing prices now and getting another S15 with higher mileage is totally doable for me.
I have payed off alot of the loan so I can probobly get away with a new lesser one with a very small to no loan at all :D.

Not having the loan to pay off will have my Modding account hitting the roof :)
i think I've made up my mind now. just need to think about it a bit more.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
As long as its a near stock, higher mileage one you shouldnt have issue with it :no: if its been looked after it should run like new :nod:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
why is everyone selling...
I understand cuz i dont have much money after bills and petrol aswell lucky i only owe my dad the money which i borrowed to buy the car so if i dont have money i dont pay it back yet and i live at home but i still cant save much either.....

M

Meddy

sushiming said:
I understand cuz i dont have much money after bills and petrol aswell lucky i only owe my dad the money which i borrowed to buy the car so if i dont have money i dont pay it back yet and i live at home but i still cant save much either.....
Just wait till you move out. Youve got a shock coming. :D

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
sushiming said:
I still live at home too. But I have to pay for it :(
And I also borrowed the money from my dad. But I'm paying back with interest :(
It is very important to pay on time every month too.

I have put the S15 out on different car forums now here in Sweden.
If it sells I will start looking for another S15 right away.
I should be able to buy one without a loan then and all my financial worries will be over :)

Reaction score
sometimes you have to make sacrifices. If living on the stink of an oily rag is what it takes to own the car you love - then that's the call you have to make.

Personally, I think buying cars on finance for any period over 6 months makes no sense. The car depreciates while the loan appreicates. Even worse is modifying a car you have yet to pay off. Like Nicely said, save the money - then buy what you can afford.

As for buying a R32GTR - tread carefully. The financial burden may be worse, especially if it breaks down (and they're getting old and tired) as they're not cheap to maintain.

Get a better job if you can - the motivation is sitting in your garage! :thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Depreciation on S15s is a bit different over here. The S15 has only depreciated an average of about ?1-2k in the past 3 years in the UK...