What's new

Opinions wanted-Hellaflush an s15

Reaction score
Hellaflush was a sort of movement, like the Belgian 'Cleaned' within the VIP car society that involved 'tucking' outrageously huge 3 piece wheels under the wheel arches to create a look beyond ur usual slammed or dropped low. It normally entails //........\\ camber settings and is purely asethetics with no real improvemnts to the vehicles handling capabilities. Certainly, day to day tasks like a full lock steering wheel movement, parking and running over potholes will be a problem but interesting to note that most of these guys do airbag their suspension. That would certainly take care of the ride harshness.

But IMHO, on the s15, it will probably make the car look lost in translation. Just my 2ppence worth.

J

JapanS15

JameS15 is the closest to the Hellaflush look.

I love a lowered car, but it still has to be a fully driveable car. Plus it also depends on what size wheel one is trying to fit. Easier to slightly tuck an 18" vs. a 17" while maintaining a rideable height and close enough to factory specs.

T

trommie

I'm just going to leave this here, straight out of Australia:

I think that you build a car for a purpose, some build it to be deemed hellaflush, these people know, and the official hellaflush website has no shame in enlightening everyone to the fact that hellaflush is form>function. It may not handle as well as a car built to venture out to the track every now and again, but the people who build something like this know that. Personally, i am well in favour of the flush movement for cars that dont see much track work, mainly because this is the new version of bling bling. Id much rather rediculous amounts of camber, insane lowness, and just general badass fitment using nice jap wheels opposed to an s15 with big chrome wheels, thirty screens, etc etc.

Last edited:
J

JapanS15

Oh that's a sexy S15! Clean and not overly done. Two thumbs up!! :thumbs::thumbs:

Reaction score
Specs Please on those TE37's, I have 18X9.5 +12mm and wondering if any remote chance of them fitting on my S15.

K

Kojo

Specs Please on those TE37's, I have 18X9.5 +12mm and wondering if any remote chance of them fitting on my S15.
shouldnt be too big of a problem,just camber,roll+pulled fenders,heres 18x9.5 +10 225-40s all around

Reaction score
Website
www.dnsf.org
Country
Agree with TriniGT. I have meisters also but in size 18x9 ET18 and 18x10 ET18. Rears have 245/35 tires on. Fenders rolled and slightly pulled, but still mad camber.
I have now drove 2 month/4000km and my rear tires are out of the game :/

edit: Those are SSR's right? :rolleyes:

T

trommie

Up front, 17x9.5 +12 wrapped in 215/45/R17 rubber
the rear are 18x9.5 +12 TE37s squeezed into 225/40/R18.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't mind pulling and rolling the rear fenders but I want my alignement and camber setup to be decent in the event of everyday driving other I will just stick with my weak stance of 18X9.0 +30mm GTR R34 wheels.

Reaction score
Trommie is it yours? Really sweet, have me wondering what sort of camber and toe are you running and how long do your tyres last and is this a daily or weekend car?

T

trommie

Trommie is it yours? Really sweet, have me wondering what sort of camber and toe are you running and how long do your tyres last and is this a daily or weekend car?
I wish! haha. i know the owner though. Im still searching for my s15, think im the pickiest buyer around, been searching solidly for nearly 6 months now, not to mention the year or two prior casual browsing. I cant drive it for another month though, laws where i am prevent us from driving anything remotely powerful until you've been driving for 4 years. Have to do a written test, then first year must always be accompanied by an open license driver (parent) and accumulate 100hours of driving, then do a driving test with a examiner from department of transport, if you pass this you have 12 months before having to do another test, then another two years of keeping your license with a number of restrictions, then finally you get an open license and can drive something worthwhile. Just under a month til i finish my 4 years, YEW! haha.
ill see if i can find out for you, its daily driven, i see him round a bit.

Reaction score
Damn, I just sold my Er34GTT to a fellow locally in Trinidad and he does not even have his license yet. The poor guy just wanted it so lucky for him his mom bought it for him, wish I was that lucky at such a young age.

Reaction score
Country
Ive made some recent adjustments.. there's no compromise with driving it, i drive it hard and it gets plenty of sideways. To be honest i hate that 'hellaflush' word haha, i just think a low ride height and some good offsets make a car look the part.... let me know what you think :)

I'm running 17x9.5 up front and 18x9.5 in the back.

Reaction score
Country
Jokes aside, im thinking about going back to 17s on the rear and dropped the back more haha! Rims or tyres never touch the arches, only problem i have is on the back where the tyre touches the roof of the arch sometimes.