What's new

Prospective Buyer

D

D4N

Hello and good morning/afternoon/evening.

I should hopefully have a buyer for my car this weekend, so if all goes well there's an S15 I'm planning to go and look at. I've been reading the FAQ's about what to look for and stuff, one thing I'm struggling to find much info on though is apparent gearbox problems the 6-speeder suffers?

Are they as problematic as I keep seeing on google searches and the like or is it purely depandant on the amount of power the cars running. The car I'm looking is aroudn the 310-320bhp mark apparently.

Thanks

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
There is all the information you will need on this site, just have a search for 'gearbox'.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
The short answer for running S15 around 310 - 320 bhp mark is 'no'... no more likely than S14 5-speed going wrong...

Don't believe all the myths... as someone who's been on the site for a few years I've never heard of anyone's box 'blowing up' and when there are failures there's potential issues like a circlips but really the problem is certainly not common!

D

D4N

Ok cool. Well all being well my car will be sold this weekend, may have to arrange a viewing of the S15 I've got my eye on. Depending on what the nice man at Adrian Flux says anyway...

Any other insurance companies to recommend by the way, had a good quote with Flux a while ago, Sky won't cover me as it's 1st rear wheel drive car.... S13 or 14 would be fine but a 15 is no :confused:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Flux are probably your best bet. They beat my previous best quote by a few hunderd £££'s last time. The price doesn't change with mods either, so list everything and keep it all above board :)

D

D4N

Always do that anyway, for the sakes of a hundred quid or so usually, it's not worth the crap you have to deal with if anything happens, and losing out on £8-9000 worth of car.

D

D4N

Just need to have somebody serious about buying my car now rather than timewasters that don't turn up!

D

D4N

Ohhhh tell me about it. Not had one person actually come and look at the car yet! Just a few people offering part-ex's for cars that aren't close to what I've listed as a something I'd consider. Or people offering 2grand below the asking price hoping for a minor miracle.

D

D4N

What are they like with regards to rust aswell? I know a lot of imports aren't undersealed so that will be one of the 1st jobs anyway. Just don't fancy ending up with a crumbling mess lol