What's new

Spoiler and wheel colour decisions?!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Hi guys, So I've got most of the mechanical side of the car up to scratch! It's means it's time for the fun stuff, dress up time! :) I'm getting the bonnet wrapped in carbon, as the paints slightly faded so it makes sense.

Basically I'm torn between 3 spoilers, a stock spec r with the middle cut out (if I can find one) and I'd carbon wrap it, a driftworks carbon gt spoiler (proper drift style) or lastly ibwas thinking of trying a s14 kouki spoiler! Any body know if it's been done? So any advice or preference would be good!?

Then secondly I'm going to spray my wheels but don't know on the colour scheme! My thinking was anthracite centres with gloss black lips?? Here's some pics to help you and me decide.

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Personaly I would go for the Japspeed BGW would go nice with the wide arches and the kid thats on the car, or a spec r spoiler but I wouldnt carbon wrap it!

as for the alloys I would spray them black with the polished lip and repaint your calipers the same...

p.s how the f*ck did you get you that parking space in the second pic :wack:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
thats a lovely car you have there mate :)

if it were me i'd change the rims....they just don't seem to do the car justice - offset doesnt look too strong and they look a little small because of the thin spokes - i know thats not exactly an answer to your question but its the first thing i thought from the pics so i'm just being honest ;)

as for the spoiler - if you decide on it then i have a spec r spoiler in silver if you want it, its a bit too good to chop up so you may find a batted up one for cheap to do it to ;) never personally been a fan of bgw's but they can look really good, and they can look really crap...

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Well yeah I'm not a big fan of the wheels, thats why I think in a different colour they would loose the thin spoke effect! Black would look better! The offset is ok, I've got 5mm spacers on the front and nothing on rear yet! I would love a set of GTR's as they are the perfect wheel. But trying to find someone to trade for these ultralites would be hard.

Lol my gf watched me back into the space and I watched the supra back, the lupo has gone now tho so it's much easier.

How much do you want for the spoiler fella? I don't mind chopping it up as I just don't like the middle bit. :)

Was thinking of fitting one of these possibly? But not sure if it will fit/look good!

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i'm after 80 quid plus post which i think is a good price but i haven't seen any for sale in a while - ir's in perfect condition apart from one small scratch, but obviously that doesnt matter to you lol ;)

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I would love gtr's but they are too much money and I've not seen a good set in the right offset yet for a cheap price second hand. After taking a good look at the cwest spoiler I've gone off the standard spoiler. So am gonna go for a BGW! sliding r put me in the direction of one forsale so am looking in to it now!

And I think I'm going to get the wheels acid dipped and powder coated in black and put some yellow rim tape on the edge of the rim to break the black up.
Or I'm gonna sell these wheels and buy some GTR's :) lol. How much you think they are worth?

Reaction score
Can't help you on that score man. What kind of alloys are they? Have a look on ebay etc to see how much they go for.

I know what you mean about Rota GTR's being expensive. I think i'll be getting a set of those or Rota grid's but that wont be for ages yet as I dont have the cash :(