What's new

Japan's Earthquake

7Steve77

Will Japan's recent devastating earthquake effect import part charges?
Projections show they will get back on their feet soon, but will the natural disaster cause a temporary hike or slum in the prices of aftermarket parts?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
though it's a tragedy it is a fair question to ask i guess... the value of the yen will likely fall, i read that the government purposely want to weaken the value of the yen in order to encourage export as, for a while now, high yen value has made it fairly expensive and discouraged overseas business....

Reaction score
Country
^^^^^^

White Toyota mark II/chaser down the bottom middle??

I dont think thats a silvia up the top, the rear pillars seem to chunky

Reaction score
not a silvia to me.
but what a tragedy.let hope for the best for all our japanese friends.
so they can make more nice cars again

Reaction score
Country
guys what's going on in japan just sucks it's a complete tragedy... feel so bad for all those victims and quite happy for those who, thanks god, managed to survive

Reaction score
i think that you just can not imagne how it is right there.they say it's smelling like a swamp.
what do you think of all the little children who lost there parents.
i wish i could help.
and let hope that they can control the nuclear powerplants.

Reaction score
Country
Supply and demand. Pretty sure the supply of parts will increase therefore the demand for these parts will decrease and the price will decrease along with the demand. But yeah what a shambles over there hopefully things get better for them real quick.

Reaction score
Country
i can tell you first hand, life is sucking in japan right now! my family and I were lucky enough to be spared by the tsunami, but the earthquake itself caused a bit of damage to our property, to include my s15. as the earthquake was happening, i was standing outside watching my s15 get tossed around like a ragdoll. but as much as i love my s15, all i could think about was the safety of my daughter who hadn't made it back home from school yet. of course the silvia was second on my mind!

also, i truly appriciate some of the humorous postings you all left! it nice to see some humor after all the devastation and havoc we've been experiencing over here! (thanks to damnthing.. i'm now trying to identify every car in the picture!)

Last edited:

Jay

Reaction score
devastating news for everyone in japan.... i hope they get cleaned up and sort the power stations safely and speedily.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Likewise with everyone else offering sincere condolences for what's happening there!! :(

naha - very much admire your spirit and glad you are all ok...!!!

Reaction score
I know Adam aka Feast Japan is fine, got an email that he is doing well but for all our Japan people, please keep the faith and be strong and condolences to all lost. To experience an 8.9 magnitude quake followed by a treacherous tsunami is unthinkable to say the least. I do sincerely hope that you all have a strong recovery and that the plants come under control. I am sure our shore will be graced with lots of flooded cars sold as shells or lots of parts. Japan always has had a way to rebound, but this will take some years. I could only imagine if that happened home here the outcome, it would be like a taking a broom and sweeping the floor, our island would be no more ;(.

Reaction score
Country
my thoughts go out to everyone in japan i couldnt believe it when i turned the tv on and seen the videos and pics on the news. :(

hope everything sorts out fast.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Tini - only spoke to Adam myself end of last week and he was saying how worried they are about the radiation leak etc. I know others who have moved away from central/northen areas to be further south and staying with relatives etc :(

Hope and pray the situation improves soon... but they're still discovering towns with thousands of people missing which is awful!! :(

Reaction score
Country
The events in Japan sadden me deeply, as I and im sure many of you guys love Japan, but they will recover from this. They recovered well from WW2, and I hope they use this event as a lesson in future developments for the country. I just hope my donation of £50 does some good, but i do think that the import of cars will be affected. I hope they put the damaged cars to good use, even export them so they can be broken for spares over here in the UK