What's new

Radiator options advice please

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Right guys ,been putting this off for a while as had other things I needed first but now ts time to get a new rad
Was orginally going for the apex 56mm but have heard story about leaks and other problems so am going to spend the extra on a branded rad.any suggestions welcome atm looking at.
Mishimoto ( read their quality is not amazing but the give lifetime guarantee so they must be pretty confident in their product)
Godspeed,not heard much about them 3 year warranty offered
Koyo most expensive but is it the best? And really worth the extra cash??
I only drive the car on the road so will be gettin a twin core not triple.
Leaning towards the mishimoto atm for best value get magnetic drain plug and rad cap with it too.
Any help advice would be much appreciated
Cheers guys!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
I was going to suggest Japspeed but their products are probably the same quality as Apex...

Have you checked on RHDJapan.com prices should be decent.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Not yet mate, I have found a mishimoto for under 200 delivered so pretty happy with that ,yeah japspeed and apex are both made in the same factory,things Is I have heard lots of good reports about them as well as a lot of bad that's why I am just wondering if its worth paying the extra for a lifetime warranty in the hope its something I will only have to do once

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Or you could try one from a UK company such as Radtec. They are expensive but good. I have a custom made one from a similar company and it has been fine for years.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah that's another option then cheers for the link,will do a bit of digging around see what I can find then! Cheers

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
the apex ones are good for the money mate, i've had one for over 2 years and it's been fine....i think the reason there are the most reports of failoures on these is because they are the radiator that most people run over on sxoc...

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
This is very true,if there are loads of people running them there is more of a chance of hearing about failures
Don't know anyone running mishimoto rad so not gonna hear much about them.
Decisions decisions lol
Is it worth the extra money for piece of mind? Saying that though be much easier to sort out problem with a uk based company such as apex than somewhere based in the states.....

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Apex have excellent customer service too, so if you have a problem out of the warranty period they usually sort it out for you anyway from what I've read..

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
That's pretty good then,they have been helpful before when I have got bits and bobs through them and also very quick maybe I will just go with their 56mm then.its quite a bit cheaper too so will leave some spare cash for other stuff....

Reaction score
This is very true,if there are loads of people running them there is more of a chance of hearing about failures
Don't know anyone running mishimoto rad so not gonna hear much about them.
Decisions decisions lol
Is it worth the extra money for piece of mind? Saying that though be much easier to sort out problem with a uk based company such as apex than somewhere based in the states.....
I had a mishimoto on my old civic with leccy fan. Was very good I thought and looked the part aswell

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
The quality of them good? I have seen a few comments about the welds looking a bit rough. saying that though they were comparing them to the koyo rads whihc are double the price.
I am tempted because of the lifetime warranty. Just have to do a little more research before I decide

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i always thought that despite the pricetag, mishimoto look like ebay rads....i have no experience of them but they definitely dont look any better quality....

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
This is the arguement I have read elsewhere,where people have issues with the way the mishimoto looks quality wise not with the actual quality of the unit.
Saying the welds are scrappy and don't look like a high quality unit that demands the price it does,when put next to other rads they look poor but actually perform just as well if not better.
Some guy had a koyo rad on his car after 4 months it started to leak he had it repaired then 6 months after leaking again,swapped for a mishimoto rad and its been faultless for 3 years.
My other option was a j performance rad http://www.jperformance.co.uk/nissan-200sx-s13-s14-aluminium-high-flow-race-radiator-p-408.html
their stuff seems to also be really good quality and reasonably priced too...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
To be hoenst dude you will find that Apex, Japspeed and J Performance Rads are all made in the same facorty to the same specs lol

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah I was thinking that,I know japspeed and apex are for sure,says the jperformance rads are hand made though,maybe they have a workshop full of little chinese women making them
What rad u running dude?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
I ended up getting the Apex one off their group buy, have heard of them bursting though if that does happen over time I will just bite the bulit and get a good quality one even if it is around £400 odd :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah some people are just unlucky I have heard of them lasting years then have heard of them Lasting months lol luck of the draw!