What's new

S15 Parts while in Hong Kong?

B

burninator

Hi All,

I'm going to be visiting Hong Kong soon and was wondering if anyone here had any recommendations on where legitimate performance parts (Apexi, HKS etc.) might be sourced at a good price while I'm visiting.

I'm most interested in an Apexi Power Intake / Super Suction kit and or HKS exhaust (Silent Hi Power).

I would really appreciate advice from locals / those that know.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Country
Ive literally just got back from Hong Kong myself just last week!!

Now, parts wise, i didnt have alot of luck whatsoever, simply because there are so few Spec R's over there, that most shops wont keep parts in stock for them, as there isnt a huge market for them. I only walked away with a Nismo rad cap and Greddy magnetic sump bolt. You may also find it hard simply because ANY mods to vehicles in Hong Kong is banned, and the police are very tough on them over there, charging an amount PER MOD on cars.

However, the best places for top name parts like you listed, would be any of the "Top Racing" shops located over in Mong Kok or Kowloon. Both shops are pretty mad full of genuine parts, but not much int he way of S15 parts.

Also "car street" which is basically where Top Racing in Mong Kok is, full of car shops but alot of accessorys, not my cup of tea really. When visiting these places, be careful of the "replica parts". You can tell them pretty easily.

Thats all my experience, but hope it helps.

B

burninator

Thanks Alexo,

I wonder if there is any chance they will get in parts if I give them enough notice? It's a pity they don't have s15 parts on tap! With that said, my fingers are crossed that someone from Hong Kong might know of a place that specializes or might have stock.

B

burninator

Ah - k - I checked out their website, was pretty comprehensive, but doesn't appear to have any Apexi or HKS stuff on their site - then again, I think I'll email them to see if they have stuff that isn't online on their site anyhow.

I did a bit of searching and they were definitely one of the sites that came up -
www.supergt.com.hk (kowloon bay) - looks like it has lots of parts, not so much in the way of s15 stuff tho
www.man-autoparts.com (yuen long) - looks like it has some of parts, can't seem to get it to translate so well in Chrome - so it's hard to tell
http://www.topracing.com.hk/ - looks like it has lots of parts, not very much in the way of s15 stuff (LED brake light replacement, PowerFC & an Excedy clutch kit)
http://www.man-autoparts.com/news.php - seems to be more of a Honda site - but again, hard to tell, the website doesn't translate very well unfortunately.

I'm starting to wonder if ordering and paying extreme shipping costs here would work out as well - hard call - thoughts? Does anyone have any experiences to share in this department?

Reaction score
Be honest, I would prefer ordering the parts in NZ and pay extra shipping cost instead of shopping in Hong Kong. I pretty sure they seldom have S15 parts in stock and if you purchase the parts from them, you will have to pay shipping charge of course; and plus you will have to wait forever to get the parts; unless you have friend or relatives in Hong Kong so they can push the shop, otherwise, you are just wasting your time and money.

E

eknny

Hey I was in HK at the beginning of the year and was also looking for some parts. A lot of places don't stock s15 stuff at all but I managed to a good deal on some Defi gauges at Wilco Group in Lai Chi Kok. Would be better off ordering stuff here in NZ