What's new

Japspeed front mount intercooler

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Alright guys,anyone using the japspeed ic on their car? They are the same size core as the apex one and come with all the fitting etc like apex type 1 does,just they don't have A 6 week wait on their kit and can do them for 199.
Was informed by a reliable source that the japspeed radiators are made in the same factory as the apex unit so wondering if this is the case with their intercoolers too.
If anyone has any info would be much appreciated as I am getting a bit impatient waiting on the apex ones and may just go for the japspeed if no one has heard of any problems with their kits.
Cheers
Chris

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Wouldnt mind knowing aswell as I am in the same boat as you dude, though I am sure the S15 dimentions of the radiator is slightly different think the apex one is 5mm thinker?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah the radiator is thicker for the apex they do a 45mm and 56mm,where as the japspeed is 50mm,but was told they are all made in the same Place so should be the same quality.... That my thinking anyways...
Intercooler core sizes....
The apex 600x280x76mm which is 23.5x11x3
Japspeed is. 610x 310x76mm which is 24x12x3
So the japspeed intercooler has a bigger core just wondered what the Quality is like more than anything really I know a few people use apex stuff but haven't heard of many using the japspeed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
I know what you mean dude, my mate has a S14 type 1 (the one thats back-order from apex) and the quality is really good, but as you said at a cheaper price and a bigger core you cant really go wrong? anyone else thought about these Japspeed FMIC ? :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
They look really good quality too just want to know if anyone has first hand experience with them. Is all,I am sure they wiLl be fine if they use them on their drift cars etc should be!!!!

S

S15 SILVIA

Are they both stainless steel, or are they aluminum alloy? Which is best? Surely alloy will disperse heat better?

Reaction score
I have the japspeed FMIC... good enough quality and excellent value...

The pipes are ally aswell unlike Apex ones which are stainless... so they conduct less heat than the stainless...

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Just saw that the japspeed is all aluminium pipe work and everything ,where the apex is stainless,looks like a good bit of kit,might take my name off the apex gb and get one I think.....

Reaction score
I was in the same boat as you mate and opted for the japspeed one for ease and speed of delivery and its performed excellently.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
That's good to hear think I will order one on the weekend.
Are they car specific do you know? Did it require much cutting etc to make it fit??

Reaction score
s14/s15 specific i think, they will know anyway.

have to cut a hole in the battery tray with a hole saw, i have the instruction for fitting a Apex one if you lik it gives you direct insructions of where to drill the hole and size.

I needed to take a bit off the front crashbar so it could slip behind and loads of the stock bumper but you have a uprated so no bother as my new vertex fitted without trimming.

beware of the other side hole though that goes to the hotpipe, mine rubbed quite a bit so i got some silcone cut it and cable tied it to the pipe to stop rub.

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
I have move my battery to the boot so will just be cutting that right off lol :wack: yea alot of people seem to just put the rubber hose like from washer jets etc round that to keep it safe :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah sounds pretty much the same as fitting the apex kit,I have plenty of off cuts of silicon hoses knocking about for that think I will have to be sending a pm japspeeds way too!
Cheers for the info dude very useful.

Reaction score
Few shots after I fitted it, the ones without the bumper are before we refitted the crashbar.. It's easier to remove and cut I found.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Just had a reply from japsPeed over on sxoc

We do have the S15 FMIC in stock ? and we can still do this at £199+£10.95 postage to the UK mainland.

If we receive your order by 2pm we will dispatch the same day for next working day delivery. So if you order today you should receive it tomorrow but if you order tomorrow it should arrive monday.

Think I will be ordering one over the weekend,the kit looks good Quality And no wait on it either.
Cheers for the info and pics mate!