What's new

Help me out guys

A

Audiiobahn

I need to know if the sr20de cylinder head as the same as sr20det cylinder head?
My friend wants to buy the cylinder head from my s15 spec-s to put in his S14a.
Will it works?

Reaction score
Country
Should fit, but I'm not sure if it has same valves as DET. Sell cams to me if they're ok :)

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Am not 100% sure they will am sure the det head has different porting on it? could be wrong though...I always though the easy way a to change from a DE to a DET would be just put on a turbo kit but they always seem to just change the whole engine thats whats making me think its not the same if you know what I mean :)

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Am not 100% sure they will am sure the det head has different porting on it? could be wrong though...I always though the easy way a to change from a DE to a DET would be just put on a turbo kit but they always seem to just change the whole engine thats whats making me think its not the same if you know what I mean :)
The DE+T does work but it's just a matter of mapping it correctly & keeping the boost low - there are plenty of lads in New Zealand that do it :thumbs: The reason why most people on Ireland / UK just do a swap is because there's no "tuners" that have any experience mapping DE+T's properly (that I know of) & DET's can be got relatively cheap....

As for the head, I have no idea :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
The only difference in the DET and DE head is the size of the exhaust valve stems. The DET has 7mm valve stems and the DE is 6mm. The cams are different, DET are 240/9.5 and the DE cams are 248/10.5. You'll also have to swap the coolant neck for the turbo coolant line. The heads are 100% interchangeable though.