What's new

polished rim help!!!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Hi guys, I have polished rims on my car atm and don't really have the cash to replace them atm so was wondering if there is anything I can do to repair the damage or make it look a little beTter at least?? It has white spots and splits in the finish of the wheels where the weather has gotten to em,they have been like it since I got the car but got a bit worse over the winterany advice would be much appreciated ...

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
I had thathappen on my rota grids after running them 2 winters ago on my civic, only way to get rid of it dude it so sandpaper the laquer off the wheels and then re-do them took me a good few days but i ended up just spraying the wheels aswell while i was at it :p

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah that's what I am considering atm is doing the really bad parts in gun metal to match the body and leaving the spokes polished as they are pretty good condition.
Might try wet and dry'n them to see how they come up and go from there. Might be too late as I wasn't really intending on keeping them this long but had so many other more important things to spend the money on.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Or you could get rid of the polished lip and get the whole wheels powder coated :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I have thought about that too but don't really wanna spend any cash on them as not really to my taste and once I have sorted the more important parts of my car will be swapping them for something nicer.