What's new

Anyone had dealings with Quality Cars Direct on ebay?

S

S15 SILVIA

Not had any dealings with them, but im sure i've seen them before, think they had a pewter w reg spec r for sale a few months back when I was looking.
All I want to know is, how cheap did they buy this one to sell it that cheap? Thats nuts that price. Be interesting to see how good it is for the price.

Y

Yella Fella

The guy just got back to me, literally just came in to the country, all tax/mot'd fine, however no Jap history, but has a log book... hmmm that bad with no service details or would that be on the log book?

Jay

Reaction score
its common for imports to have no service history etc... and i would agree, thats really cheap for a spec r! its about 2k under the usual price

Y

Yella Fella

Alright, I never knew that about the service history, because my Integra DC5 has its full history albeit all in Japanese haha. Ok with that said, will still be tempted for a move, just seeing how much I can get my car for, as I rather convert back to standard and sell off its modded parts first.

Think there be any possible issues with it as I'm not sure what I need to be looking for during inspection. Do I need to get an RAC and bimta checks?

S

S15 SILVIA

Definitely get a bimta check. Will confirm the milage, and the fact it's not stollen.
Will they not be interested in a part exchange?

Last edited:
Y

Yella Fella

Where do I go to get bimta check, does it cost much? Would I need RAC/AA out there to do vehicle inspection etc?

They will do part ex, but I reckon they wont give much to my teg, I think I'll get more privately via stripping it down or selling it as is to be fair which I will need to do, but can't really do much till end of the month. My ECU piggyback kpro is mapped to my breathing mods I have so have to strip down everything from inlet manifold, thottlebody to exhaust mani and cat back etc

Torque GT

🔥 Contributing Trader 🔥
Reaction score
This is too cheap for a decent fresh import - unless they are losing a lot of money on it!

£6,500 less

20% VAT = £1,100
Shipping = £700
UK conversion and reg = £350

So that is £2150 that we definitely know it has cost them, leaving £4,350. From this you also have to factor in:

10% Duty on Japanese price
FOB Fees in Japan, usually around 90,000 yen or £700 currently
Profit
Cost of car

Say you wanted to make £1000 profit, subtracting that and the FOB fees leaves £2,650 for the car inc 10% Duty paid, so around £2,400 less the duty. Multiply that by the exchange rate gives you 312,000 yen. Even if they make no profit, it only gives you 440,000 yen.

It doesn't leave enough to buy the car. A decent Spec R at auction in Japan costs 700,000 yen minimum, at an exchange of 130, that's £5,400 ish, just for the car in Japan!

Cheers,

Mike

S

S15 SILVIA

Well explained Mike. Much respect!

Yella fella Worth a look I guess if it's not much of a journey, but wouldnt expect much of a car for that money!
It could work out being a steal tho . . . . or just stollen.. Lol

Y

Yella Fella

Tell me about it, yeah I trust Torque GT, I bought my DC5 from them, might have to part ex :D

Torque GT

🔥 Contributing Trader 🔥
Reaction score
Always happy to p/x, especially cars we have previously supplied.

Cheers,

Mike