What's new

Windscreen Washer Jets Not Very Powerful

wutang200

Reaction score
Already done a search with no results found.

When I pull the windscreen arm to release the screen wash onto my windscreen, it's so weak that it doesn't even make it onto my windscreen. Instead it just pisses onto my bonnet instead.

What part could this be and how do I fix it? (Do I need a new pump or something?)

Am I right in saying the S14/a uses the same parts?

Any help much appreciated.

G

GUEST_JDM

id say give them a clean mate, stick a pin down the holes and use some sort of solvent to try get any dirt and grit out, you will have two pumps by the water bottle ride hand side of the front bar. If you have a rear windscreen wiper then you should have two pumps you could try switching the lines around to see if the other pump has died.

wutang200

Reaction score
Thanks I'll give the sticking pins in a go but not sure how to clean them. If that fails then I'll look into changing the pumps around.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
I had a similar thing happen to me, infact it was one of my Mot fails! Tried Blowing them through with comprest air which made them a little better but still rubbish. In the end I got some fan type ones off eBay. The fit is poor which I kind of expected but the spray/coverage is quality! Before changing the pumps I would try them without the jets on them or with a different jet. Sure you can borrow one from a mates car for 5 mins.

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Could the water have frozen and either still be frozen or split one of the plastic pipes that run under the bonnet?

Reaction score
Could the water have frozen and either still be frozen or split one of the plastic pipes that run under the bonnet?
Now thats something that only you are in the best position to answer. Lift the bonnet, do some research,expand your knowledge and reward yourself with answering your own question

wutang200

Reaction score
Right I've stuck some pins into the holes but not tried it out yet. Will update this thread when I do. I couldn't find any pumps next to the washer bottle under the bonnet. Will see how it goes.

wutang200

Reaction score
tried them again today & same result where they just about reach the windscreen. There's just not enough power in them to squirt my windscreen properly.

Is it the pump?

wutang200

Reaction score
Just to update this old thread to help others out, it wasn't the pump or blocked washer jets.

It was crap stuck inside the pipes that connect to the jets. My mechanic used his air gun thing to blow the dirt out and it was back to normal.