What's new

Which suspension is good for S15? Anybody have good idea

M

MarcoS15

Hi
I want to change my suspension, But I am no idea.
Becasue I need a soft suspensive. I am using Tain Flex. Too hard.
:nono:
Anybody can help me! :notworthy:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Need a few more details about what you what. Do you want to lower the car a bit or a lot? Do you want to be able to adjust ride hardness and height?

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
marco lives in hong kong which if some of u have been b4 its not a nice place to have hard suspension at all cuz there are lots of sharp turns and coners....just something for everyday driving i guess he wants...

A

Ansch

what sort of spring rate is on your tein flex at the moment marco? We've got these teins here in australia specifically tuned for our roads. I think the spring rate on those are 5kg front, 4kg rear. I believe the flex do come in those spring rates? If it's still too hard maybe try the nismo s-tune suspension. Incidentally, standard s15 is something like 2.8kg rear, 3.5kg front

Reaction score
i've got tein super streets on mine... they're fine for UK roads...not sure what roads are like there....

surely they can't possibly be worse than UK roads??? :/

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I don't think the S-tune is adjustable.. Or am i wrong?
tein super street is softer then Flex. That could be a good alternative. I don't know how your roads are so don't know If you want softer then the Tein SS.

A

Ansch

no the s-tune is not adjustable but it is lower than standard (not sure of the exact spec). The aussie spec teins are super streets. I'm sure I've seen flex around the 5kg/4kg region. Never driven in HK but I wouldn't think the roads are that bad.

How old are the tein flex Marco? Maybe I'll buy it off you when I'm in HK this november :D

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
its not that the roads are bad but some place will be bumpy..and lots of sharp turns and stuff and i know ifs not gonna be that nice driving in hong kong with rock hard suspension ive driven in hong kong b4 so i would know i would mind having them off u aswell hehe :D

M

MarcoS15

Ansch said:
no the s-tune is not adjustable but it is lower than standard (not sure of the exact spec). The aussie spec teins are super streets. I'm sure I've seen flex around the 5kg/4kg region. Never driven in HK but I wouldn't think the roads are that bad.

How old are the tein flex Marco? Maybe I'll buy it off you when I'm in HK this november :D
Hi
My suspension is just used not over 6 month. 6kg/4kg.
My phone number is 95286921

A

Ansch

6kg/4kg are not overly stiff. Does it feel stiff in normal driving or only over bumps? Have you tried adjusting the shocks to see if it makes a difference?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
If the dampers are set to maximum hard, they'll be very hard. 6/4 is the same as mine and they can be quite soft if the dampers are set that way.

Reaction score
its not only the spring rate which determines how 'harsh/stiff' a suspension setup is on the road, but also the construction of the shock. i think tein's shocks are quite stiff in that regard, i'm not sure about the super street as i haven't tried that setup, but i'd personally recommend cusco zero2 or hks hipermax2 for the street. i've experienced both setups and they are fantastic.

S

silviac

i believe that damper rate is more like to affect hardness than spring rate. You can have 8 or 10Kg with softer damping rate and still have a good comfy ride.
I guess it all comes down to how you like it.
Some may find hardest of a certain ride is not hard or vice versa.
I might go for HKS Performer (very soft from what I heard) or HKS D

S

Speed Demo

sorry to bring up an old thread but have you consider Zeal Function series coilover?
I have Function Xs with 9k front and 7k rear with match damper revalve and it out handle any other s15 i know that running on tein, cusco, hks etc. The price tho is on the exxy side, but i guess you get what u pay for!

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Zeal are supposed to be good.
tein has a new coilover called mono-flex out now. Supposed to be more track oriented compared to SS and flex. And better quality too.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I'm finding my suspension to be a bit bouncy. I have played about with the damping rates and made it a little better but it seems to bounce a little too much for mu liking, on a smooth surface it feels really good, but not to hot on the roads.

Do i need to lower the spring rate to help sort this? - Not sure of the rates at the moment, but will have a look