What's new

Advice on these S15's for sale

Y

Yella Fella

Guys,

Is there anything I need to be looking out for when checking out more or less standard S15 Spec R's? Just so I know if certain bits have been fixed (if known factory issue) etc.

I've had my eye on some of these, based on prices

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2263576.htm

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...uicksearch/true/image-id/1497834567?logcode=p

this one I quite like, but someone mentioned issue with climate bit?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...code/mk58db/page/1/quicksearch/true?logcode=p

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The yellow one looks cool if the paint hasn't faded. The front bumper on it is an 'aero' bumper - a factory option. Check it's plastic, not a FRP copy as genuine ones don't come up for sale often and usually sell for £600 odd. New, they are the best part of £1k.

The second one looks nice too but theres no description in the link, just pics. And I've already commented on the third.

I always say this but buy S15's on condition as this speaks for more than anything else. Mileage means not a lot IMO as it's so easy to clock them. Trust me - it's not too difficult to spot a ****ter. If you want to find a good, clean one, you've got to be prepared to put the miles in. Go and look at as many as you can and take someone with you too, as it's easy to get tunnel-vision and buy the first one you see.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
the yellow one looks clean enough and is a nice rare colour, but it looks as though it has history as it has the seat, trimmed bumper (suggesting previously having an fmic and being tuned) and the pass airbag trim doesnt look like it fits properly or has come away.....

the white one on the second ad is a straight non aero from a trusted importer that is well respected on this club although i haven't used them myself, dont think much of the wheels though.

the last white one is a bit hideous imo - it would be my last choice of the three, i probably wouldn't consider it as the wheels are horrible and the flare on the arches doesnt look all that though its been done neatly, so even though you could find other wheels to fit nicely the arches still wouldnt look great in my opinion. the skirts don't seem to fit too great either....so whats it like up close????.

if it was me i'd at least look at the yellow one for the money...but the one from torque gt is probably the best bet of the three as it would be less of a gamble from someone known for looking after customers :)

Y

Yella Fella

Cheers Craig, realistically, it be around July onwards, once I get my servicing/mot done in mid June for my car. Now just weighing up costs of converting my DC5 back to standard or part and seeing what I can get back mod wise.

Will have plenty of time to check on autotrader/pistonheads, is there any of forums that sell S15's I can look at? I know of drift works, but not many S15's on there, saw a nice blue one that's been sold, think that was advertised on here too with the slight cracks in the passenger wing and skirt

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
try asking one of the trusted importers what they have on thier books - they could pick you one to a spec and price and then bring it over, you seem to have plenty of time for that process if you are looking at june ;)

Y

Yella Fella

I have fired a few emails off, but they never respond to your request about the car grrr