Gauging interest - Exhaust manifold/ABS unit heat shields

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The gb's not even open yet mate, this was just an interest thread to see if they were worth doing. Testing would be to make sure they don't deteriorate in any way with the heat. It would require you giving your car some beans though to get it nice and hot ;) What manifold do you have?

D

djmasterg

Manifold looks something like that :

So I have only 1.2 cm space between those 2 pipes and abs unit. So I am keen in getting something like heat shield for abs unit. Hope I can give you a hand with that. I don't mind giving my car extra beating from time to time :) So Craig - its up to you!!!

PS. thanks for cooling panel - its great!!!

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
That manifold looks perfect for testing :nod: I'll let you know when the first one is ready and get it sent to you.

Glad you like the cooling panel - sorry it took so long! :)

D

djmasterg

To be perfectly honest its one of those japspeed range, which still performs well (no cracks at all).

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Erm, Chinese Factory? Wash your mouth out! These will all be HAND MADE IN THE UK I'll have you know!! :p

You can try one for size if you like mate. I have one at home that was made for testing and perfecting the size which is made from normal resin (not the Class 1 fire retardand resin the rest are being made form), so can use that for messing around with :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lmao sorry not Chinese factory... I meant Phillipines how silly of me lol :p :D

Sounds like a date dude... so gotta catch up with you soon so I'll sort a night to pop over and we can try test fit and if ok I'll add myself to your orders list... or gauging interest list haha :wack:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Haha! No problem mate :) I'm not around for a few weeks but will give you a shout when I'm back and we can sort something out.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
They should do Allan. My manifold is mahoosive compared to most other aftermarket ones. If it doesn't fit you could always send it back :)

Not sure who this LuPix guy is, must be a spammer!

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Do you have any pics of what your setup will look like? These shields hug the ABS unit quite tightly. I'll have to talk to you more about it when they are ready because you will need a larger alloy plate on yours as your turbo will distort the resin without it..

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Its a HKS T4 GT Top Mount Manifold and I will be running one of these 3 turbo's just doing my reserch just now :p

Garret GT3076R
Precision SC61
Borg Warner S256

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Haha! No problem mate :) I'm not around for a few weeks but will give you a shout when I'm back and we can sort something out.
ah yes forgot you're not around at the mo... as you say drop me a line when we can hook up mate ta :thumbs:

Edit: lmao... me spam... what?? Oh yeah all those glamour photoshoots how naughty SPAM SPAM SPAM :D :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.