Gauging interest - Exhaust manifold/ABS unit heat shields

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The principle will be the same (alloy strips) but they will be cut to size. There's no other way I can see of mounting it really because people will want it in slightly different places dependant in their setup.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
Pop my name on the list mate as I don't realy want to wrap the mani when I get one as I think it looks a bit naff. (how ever this may push buying one back a bit lol!)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
1. Craig8585
2. adz87kc
3. Sniffy
4. koullis
5. S15AK
6. AllanOrr
7. Ichigo-300
8. Wayne S15R
9. TomK
10. Suspect

Reaction score
definatly interseted in these

1. Craig8585
2. adz87kc
3. Sniffy
4. koullis
5. S15AK
6. AllanOrr
7. Ichigo-300
8. Wayne S15R
9. TomK
10. Suspect
11. NeilTSport

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Cool. Well 11 from this forum alone shows enough interest to warrant making them. The first ones should be ready in early Jan.

If anyone else is interested, keep putting names down so I know who to PM when they are done.

Cheers

:)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
No, because I don't want to get into the same situation as I did with the cooling panels where I was sitting on over £3000 of peoples money. I'll sell them as they are made but will carry this list over to a new thread in the for sale section when they are ready.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I wonder how long it will be before someone tries to copy your idea again?

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Haha, well these are being made now so should be done before anyone gets chance!!

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Right, time to bump this thread up again as we have some major progress now. I've just taken delivery of the first heat shield, along with a fiberglass version for me to make final adjustments, to get the most out of the design/shape.

We are going to totally modify the alloy plate too as the original one was overly complex and didn't do a particually great job. Here are the pictures of what we have so far. The finish is literally perfect and 100 times better than the original I had. I'm very happy with the way they have turned out.

As with everything, it will have to be tested before I sell any. If anybody wants to take part in the testing I'll discount the panel by 50% for your time and effort. I would do his myself but I have used my car once in the last 3 months, so it may take a while!

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Craig, these look good, is the carbon now going to act as the heat sheild too? i.e. replacing the alloy upright part in the first version?

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Cheers mate :)

The carbon aids the heat shielding but the aftermarket tubular manifolds sit a lot closer to the ABS unit (thus more heat), so the alloy heat reflectors will still be used. But, they will be significantly different from the ones in the first few pics as I'm modifying the design to look and function better. The fire retardant resin we are using will not catch fire without the alloy, but I think it might distort the resin/carbon due to the serious temps.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Cheers mate. If the new design of the Carbon part is anything to go by, the alloy part should be pretty sweet too :thumbs:

Will this fit with the stock manifold and heat sheild? I've been fighting going tubular for years.......

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yes, it will still fit and work fine with the standard manifold but TBH it would be more for looks as the standard manifold has a good heat shield built onto it from the factory.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If you have the standard manifold with the standard heat shield you probably wouldn't need the alloy plate at all. But if you ever changed to a tubular, I would put it on.

D

djmasterg

Hi Craig,

What do you want as a feedback of testing? I drive my car everyday, so could help you with that. Only thing I would need is to know what should I be focusing on. BTW is the GB closed already?

Status
Not open for further replies.