What's new

Has anyone had any dealing with this company?

Reaction score
Country
35K miles for £7750 including the markup price for them to make a profit ? Ill let you make your own assumptions.

If its a fresh imort id ask to see the auction report, maybe get a BIMTA check. Anything less and id stay well clear. If it is an import they must have stolen it from auction and sailed it across the ocean on a dinghy avoiding all fees and taxes....or maybe in reality its just a tatty high mileage grade R.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I'm always sceptical about these low milers, especially when you look underneath some of them and they have got more rust than the Titanic. And then people are complaining about things not working and worn parts - almost as if they haven’t done the stated mileage(!) Clocking an imported car is one of the easiest things to do imaginable as they don’t come with much if any history most of the time and even when they do it's very difficult to interpret.
The BIMTA check compares to the last recorded mileage in Japan to the current mileage displayed, so as Jez said this would be a good place to start. I have seen plenty of dodgy auction sheets too and IMO they aren't worth the paper they are written on unless you can read Japanese and have some way of validating it.

At the end of the day, I would ALWAYS buy a car on condition. Would much prefer a car that has done 100k miles, serviced every year and been keenly looked after with quality parts than one that has 30k, oil changed twice in its 10 year life and modded with the cheapest parts imaginable.

Reaction score
Yeah, I am a bit wary about the price.

TBH I think i'll just stick with JM Imports as they're local to me and have a good rep! They're got a nice white low mileage s15 coming in next month that i've got my eyes on. Just thought i'd weigh up my options

cheers for the help anyway :)

Reaction score
yep stick with JM-Imports mate, jurgen will look after you and possibly give you a good discount too, am there every other weekend and he really spends a lot of time to get cars ready for customers.

Reaction score
yep stick with JM-Imports mate, jurgen will look after you and possibly give you a good discount too, am there every other weekend and he really spends a lot of time to get cars ready for customers.
Cool. Yeah I've emailed him a few times about the car, i'm just waiting for more information from japan before I put a deposit down, if I put a good deposit down i'll get a good discount too.

Just need to sell my car first which isnt going well as i've had no interest yet, but it's early days. Going to be putting it up on autotrader sometime this week so hopefully that'll shift things along a bit.

Can't wait to get an S15! I need boost! :)