What's new

sucking noise?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
alright guys don't know if any of you can help me her,a few weeks back when i was on boost one of my intercooler pipes popped off and the car stalled,fitted it all back together made sure everything was done up nice and tight and everything seemed fine,now it could be completely un related but recently i have noticed when i am coming off the accelerator on boost there is a kind of sucking in sound ,now it's not happening all the time it's every now and then but was just wondering if
a) it has anything to do with the intercooler piping
b) if anyone has had this before on their cars or has any ideas on what could be causing this??
cheers
chris:thumbs:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
is the dump valve vacuum hose connected properly? if it isn't, the dump valve may not be working properly and causing compressor surge when coming off throttle, but i would just go over all the connections again to be honest, and ensure everything is connected to the right place....

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
shouldn't do mate, not at a near standard spec. lots of people run the 'pidgeon' mod which is basically running without a dump valve....

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah as Dean says if sounds are happening everytime you lift off which effectively closes the throttle then it must be an issue around the dump valve or stock recirc hosing/unit etc :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I checked all the hoses were connected properly and tightened all the clamps round the ic etc and its stiLl doing it but now the car feels like its really struggling for power and just don't feel right at all,any ideas guys otherwise I will just have to run her up to polo see wif he ca sort it for me.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
You may end up having to get it on a RR to diagnose it. What recirc valve are you running?