What's new

rear traction problem

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have a problem with my Silvia. Car is around 400bhp.
I am experiencing rear traction problems. When i am off boost at around 3000rpm and go full throttle
and the car starts raising boost at 4000rpm where i am full boost 1.5bar the car looses rear tyre grip.
I have a Tein Flex suspension and have it rather soft at the back, i have cusco anti roll bars front and rear.
I am also using Yokohama A048 265/35 rear tyres.
Do you have any tips to make my rear end more stable. Rear camber is near zero.
Thank you.

Reaction score
2 bar or 1.9. i do not want to lower the tyre pressure a lot because it gets wobly at high speeds.
negative camber won't make the tyre have less contact with the road on a straight line?

Reaction score
Country
2 bar or 1.9. i do not want to lower the tyre pressure a lot because it gets wobly at high speeds.
negative camber won't make the tyre have less contact with the road on a straight line?
Nah I thought if it had a bit more neg camber at the rear there would be more tyre in contact with the road so in turn there would be more grip and less chance of the rear slipping?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
400bhp, with I guess similar ft/lbs of torque, is a lot to put through 2 tyres so I would expect them to loose grip in the lower gears. I'm running Pirelli P Zero Rossos on mine and they will spin in 2nd when it comes on boost (1.25bar) and the tyres are only about month old. I'm running a fair bit of canber on mine though which wouldnt help the straight line traction.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Oh right! your 4th is about the same ratio as our 5th in a 6spd box! Hmm, maybe there is an issue then! My first call would be a new set of rear tyres or maybe an alignment check to make sure nothing is up.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I would be changing the tyres first.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Man up! its 400 bhp in a car that weights **** all its going to spin up! just learn how to control it :D
WTF?? Has this become a Honda chav forum lol?? :p

We're not all silly boys and their toys prancing around going sideways and repeating 'y0 bitch my skillz are epic' all the time haha :D

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
hahaha

on a serious note, if you want the back end inline either change your suspension setup (toe in/out etc) or buy a traction control kit.

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
WTF?? Has this become a Honda chav forum lol?? :p

We're not all silly boys and their toys prancing around going sideways and repeating 'y0 bitch my skillz are epic' all the time haha :D
Seriosuly lu have you been in an sbody with over 380 bhp? the rear ends are so light even 265 tyres cant keep it inline.

Cant wait to get mine close to 400 :D

G

gunner93

Before I changed to new tyres on mine, I slide the car in almost every wide turns. Thats what a RWD is for. <Wide Smile>

Feast Japan

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.feastautoexport.co
Pretty old. And they were sitting on the car while it was build for the past 5-6 months.
There should be a date marker stamped on the side wall. Example below.

If your on a budget and want to stick it out with a good s tire, try out Federal 595 RS-R. They dont have the best treadwear and are a bit heavy compared to RE01R/RE11, Advan AD07/08, but for the value you cant go wrong.

VS. A048