What's new

rear traction problem

Reaction score
Come on now, seriously, i know how fun it is to slide your car but i also need it for grip. We go to the mountains almost every week. Yes, tyre grip is just a bit better when warm. I do not have that much problem in corner, more on a straight line.

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
try any of the tyres feat japan mentioned dude, they should make a difference.

What tyre's are you running now?

and what is you rear suspension geometry?

Reaction score
nope, nothing. do you thing that these will make a difference in traction?
car is for everyday use and occasional mountain driving.

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
Defiantly, You would be amazed in what a difference the adjustably arms make when set up correctly and with good tyres. Front tension arms also make a huge difference in turn in and braking efficiency. I will find out on DW about a touge style geometry set up.

Since adjusting the toe/caster you will be able to set you car up to your driving style. Have you have your car geometry aligned?

I would assume -0.5 camber -0.3 toe in or something along those lines.

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
Those RS-R's are pretty good tires but they're not on the same level as AD08s, RE-11, or Star Specs. My personal favorite are Dunlop Direzza Star Spec Z1's.

I'd say your tires are shot, I'm at 380hp right now and I barely spin in 3rd with some cheap 235/40-18 Falkens stretched on a 9.5J. My rear alignment is 0 camber, 0 toe.

Get some new tires and check your alignment and that should fix your problem. Do you have an aftermarket LSD?

sx-si

Reaction score
a048 are very good tyres and are actully better than rsr's

you got very little options left as far as rear grip is concerned
first off a high adjustable wing will add alot more downforce onto the rears and will give you alot more grip
other than that i would change the final drive ratio, you need to find out what ratio you have and ill try and help you best i can

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
what about boost control? perhaps set it to come in a bit more progressively and limit some of that wheelspin - i wouldn't but it would work i'd think......

Reaction score
tooley: yes, my cars geometry is alligned. i will try tires first and then if i see that i need more adjustabiliti at the rear i will go with adjustable parts.

hypnotic: i had dunlop D01J before the A048 but both of them are too expensive for a daily drive and wear fast. i have a tomei 2 way diff.

sx-si: i have an R34 Gtt rear wing, not that big but it made the car more stable at high speeds. i have a 5 speed box with 4.08 final ratio.

deans15: i have an apexi avc-r est boost controller ever (when you finally manage to tune it right). boost is so progressive that you almost don't even feel the turbo kicking in. full boost 1.5 bar @ 4200 rpm.

thanks to all :thumbs:

sx-si

Reaction score
in that case change to a 3.9 and it woill make alot of diffrence (s14 auto, s15 auto)
it will make it alot smoother and should make it alot more controlable, also gives you a higher top speed
if its still to aggressive for you get a 3.7 from a s14 manual

if your still having problems then you will need a higher and wider wing, as the r34 wing isnt upto the job anymore
other than that traction controll is your last bet but for now i would just raise the diff ratio as it makes a massive difrence

Reaction score
Sounds stupid but keep the fuel tank topped up. surprising what difference this makes. I normally only fill the tank to half way. the other day i filled it to the brim and was suprised at the additional rear end traction it gave me. Fail that wider wheels help.

Feast Japan

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.feastautoexport.co
lol Tooley :p

Feast those Fed 595's look ace... might have to look into those before going out on track next year!! :thumbs:
James, they are real good on the track. In one session I did nearly 50 laps and they never once got greasy. Mind you I only had them on the rear with AD07's up front. They will have another track outing next weekend up at Ebisu. Should be interesting as its getting quite cold up there.

Feast Japan

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.feastautoexport.co
Those RS-R's are pretty good tires but they're not on the same level as AD08s, RE-11, or Star Specs. My personal favorite are Dunlop Direzza Star Spec Z1's.

I'd say your tires are shot, I'm at 380hp right now and I barely spin in 3rd with some cheap 235/40-18 Falkens stretched on a 9.5J. My rear alignment is 0 camber, 0 toe.

Get some new tires and check your alignment and that should fix your problem. Do you have an aftermarket LSD?
Rev Speed ran them against all the big names a few months ago. Have the DVD on it. They only really complained about the weight and the low low treadwear on them. But aside from that they held up strong with the big names.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Thats as cheap as they come too. Top bit of kit, saved my ass a few times!

Reaction score
yeap, seen it before. truly a nice bit of kit. a guy in the states was selling one.
is the installation a lot of a fuss or is it easy?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Fairly complex but not too bad. It gets the speed signals from the ABS sensors and cuts the ignition to limit power and for launch control. Once it's all wired in you need to set it all up too. More than worth it though IMO.

Reaction score
i will try new tyres first and some other things guys from here told me to try.
If everything else fails i will try the TCS.