What's new

Carbon coilpack cover

Reaction score
The s15 and s13/14/14a coilpack covers are different slightly aren't they??

Does anyone make a flat non vented carbon coilpack cover for the s15?

Reaction score
Country
It's only the non vvt S13 SR20's that have a different coilpack cover, as it hasn't got a bend in it.
S14 covers will fit S15's, as that's what is on mine. The actual rocker cover is slightly different, but not where the mountings are for the coilpack cover :)

Reaction score
Cheers for the info Dan.

Thanks for the link Ben, it would be perfect if it didnt have the intercooler turbo on it.

I've just gone to the trouble of grinding all the writing off of a rocker cover because i wanted a smooth finish so ideally wanted a coilpack cover that isnt vented and doesn't have writing on it. I think im going to have to go and get a custom peice made up, thanks anyway.

B

B.Martin

If you want a custom piece try someone like Streamline cabon. Got to recommend them, their carbon is good quality and a guess its a reasonable price. not sure how much they charge for custom bits though? Should be worth an email IMO. My 106 is covered in their stuff!

Ben

Reaction score
Save your money and your coilpacks, keep the cover off and spend the money elsewhere :).

If you still want on theres some on egay and Ep racing used to do them

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Check the reviews on fitment/quality before you buy as I've read that some are a lot better than others

Reaction score
LuPix, that EP racing one looks quite good, it's just a shame that you say the fitment isn't very good. Can you use the recessed small standard allen key bolts or do you have to use large surface mount bolts/nuts as you have done?

B

B.Martin

Carbon fibre is pretty easy to trim with a bit of sand/glass paper. Just get it, dab in with a bit of d.i.y and i bet you'll love the results, because it looks mint on LuPix's engine :D

Ben

Reaction score
Country
If you're not fussed about having a real carbon cover, just smooth the recess with some filler, then cover it with a carbon look vinyl, or put on a real carbon layer over it.
I filled mine and sprayed it silver for a near OEM look, but tidier.
Here's a pic :)

Reaction score
I'm liking that idea, actually. Just the plain silver.

Did you take the strut brace off purely for the picture?

Reaction score
Country
Yeah, I took the strut brace off when I painted the rocker and haven't got around to putting it back on yet.
I'm going to paint it again sometime though to try and get a better colour match to the oil cap :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Tom - my EP Racing one didn't really allow fitment of original plug cover bolts so that's why I had to use washers and drill bigger holes so the damn threads would reach the holes grrr!! :wack:

All in all it was a bit of a faff and I think for the money I'd have done what Dan did and just get ali one made up and covered in CF vinyl wrap :thumbs:

TBH I'm thinking of selling mine now so anyone interested drop me PM and make an offer (although be advised you'll have to use those washers you can see in the pic or bolts with bigger heads!)... paid around £80 new from EP.

Gonna upgrade to Splitfire coilpacks next year and not have plug cover at all :)