What's new

Clue me up!

Reaction score
Country
Ok well today I decided to have a good look around my engine bay to see if there was an aftermarket BOV installed as I havent checked underneath the hot pipes etc and was just wondering really.

Turns out that I dont and its only the oem one that is fitted...so my first question is this -

1. Does the oem BOV dump? Not massivly but just enough to hear when your driving hard and going above 4k on boost..As I thought it didnt and because I could here a slight dump and due to my revvs being unsettled pulling up to junctions I thought I must have an aftermarket BOV installed? Thoughts?

Ok so thats my first question...next while I was checking around I thought id ask about everything under the bonnet lol yes EVERYTHING! :D

Just so im clued up on the SR20DET as im still learning atm, only had the S15 a month..

So if people could state what things are under there and what they do etc it would be mega helpful! :D

A -
B - OEM BOV
C -
D -
E -
F -
G -
H - Carbon canister? Something to do with emissions etc??
I - Air con? Whats the green nobs for is it to bleed the system?
J - This comes from turbo area and goes to oem bov

So I know A is the master cylinder yes? But whats B? As they both have break fluid in?

This seems to be plumbed into the induction pipe and other area around the turbo?

Is all these pipes and hoses all to do with the aircon? (I in the top pik)

Above turbo

Thanks Guys :D

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
nah dude the oem will only dump if its had the peigon mod done to it :)
though on your list

A - am sure this is part of the elec fan set up (could be wrong am sure Lu knows though)
B - BOV
C - Thats the Boost Gauge sensor
D - Brake Fluid resv poss?
E - Part of the loom connector for the Injectors / Fuel Rail
F - another loom connector (unsure though)
G - This is the sensor for the boost off the turbo you would change this wheen fitting a boost controller
H - Is an Exhaust Gas Filter Chaimer they arent needed and most people huck them to use the space for a Oil Catch Tank
I - Air con pipes
J - Just a plastic Air pipe that goes to the DumpValve

Hope that helps a bit dude :)

Reaction score
Country
Hmm its deffinitly doesnt make a sound like when people have done the pigeon mod as there is no chatter or flutter what so ever..just a small wooosh of air when booting it.

Cheers for the info! :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
A - in the main pic is the solenoid for the carbon canister

B - in the second pic is your clutch fluid reservoir

Reaction score
A - Solenoid for the carbon canister
B - Vacuum pipe for the factory BOV
C - Stock boost gauge sender
D - Clutch reservoir
E - Engine loom
F - Coilpack loom
G - Boost solenoid (controls boost pressure)
H - Carbon canister
I - AC gubbins
J - BOV return to intake

S

S15 SILVIA

Little off topic, how does the boost solonoid (G) work? Do they wear out?

Only reson i ask is that ever since ive had my silvia, its only boosted to 0.6 bar on the standard guage. doesnt appear to be any leaks in the system, and holds to 0.6 bar quite well until higher revs.

It's never really bothered me as yet, but i always assumed it may be the actuator spring going soft? Any ideas?
Car is completely standard engine wise.

Sorry to highjack this thread.

Mike

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
0.6 bar is about right if its totally standard. Maybe a little low but not much. The solenoids shouldnt wear out but the spring in the actuator may become weak over time. An uprated actuator, EBC and decat would sort you right out.