What's new

Advise please

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
hi guys :wave:

As you may have read i had my car remapped by jez the other day and he recommended i get a boost controller,
so i'm thinking HKS, is anybody using an HKS ? are they any good ?

What do you guys use ?

and

What do you guys recommend using ?

kimi x

D

Derek

Apexi Avcr or Blitz i colour. I'm using the blitz sbc i clour same as id 3. Gets my vote. not to sure of Hks. Greddy Profec is good too.

Apex i think were doing a group buy on the Avcr one!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
If you want incredibly flexible boost control, get the AVC-R. If you want nice and easy, get the Blitz i-Color. I've had both (I have the SBC iD3) and find the Blitz much simpler. The i-Color is very expensive compared to iD-3.

H

Hank S15

I`ve fitted in both my Skylines Blitz SBC-iD`s... and there just GREAT!

If you`re looking for a new boost controller look no further then the Blitz SBC i-Color (or iD3... but you want to show it off to your mates also!)

And no, I don`t have shares in the Blitz Company :rolleyes:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
i heard the hks is good but i duno if its easy to use or not ive got he greddy profec b but still not installed yet as i want to wait till i get my front mount b4 upping the boost.....

S

S15R

get blitz, very easy wiring and avc-r is alittle more complicated

im getting sbc id 3 soon :D in few weeks

blitz id3 or spec r = dual solenoid

avcr = single solenoid

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
I used HKS EVC IV on my 300zx and was very very happy with it... I've just purchased an EVC V for my S15, but am still waiting for my turbo engine to arrive. I like the look of the HKS - I have it in "limited edition black"

M

Meddy

kimi said:
thanks for the advise :thumbs:

has anybody tryed the HKS as looking at it today it looked easy to use, tiny too.
Im running an EVC 4 and to be honest its spot on with no spiking issues. Easy to wire and very very easy to set up. If I was buying from scratch and was feeling flush I might go for the EVC Pro which has as much functionality as the AVC-R but is easier to set up.

K

kieran

profec b II a little bit fiddly to set up but holds stable boost every time :thumbs:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Another vote for the Profec B II :thumbs: ALthough i havent used any of the others, this one is good :nod:

Ming - dont up the boost before a remap :no:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
yeh i know thats why i aint installed it yet....waiting to fit fmic and get the power fc

D

Derek

I heard the Sbc id3 was discontinued. Maybe places still have stocks. not to sure if it was true.

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
elizium said:
I used HKS EVC IV on my 300zx and was very very happy with it... I've just purchased an EVC V for my S15, but am still waiting for my turbo engine to arrive. I like the look of the HKS - I have it in "limited edition black"
Thats good to hear i've been offered the EVC 5 for around ?300 , i did ask about a black one though too :rolleyes:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
OK, just to show a comparison (I hate people paying over the odds for something which is fairly equal with its competition).

Blitz SBC i-D3 (black) = ?237 delivered
A'PEXi AVC-R = ?245 delivered

Both from Nengun.

Personally, I'd go for the AVC-R if you want fine tuning :nod: