What's new

Chinese Factory Debate

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Was just searching on Google for next possible Bride bucket seat I wanted for passenger side and came across this lol...

http://www.made-in-china.com/showro...Vios-III-Low-Max-FRP-Silver-Glitter-Seat.html

And if you start typing in household JDM brands in the search field you'll get the following:

HKS SSQV
http://www.made-in-china.com/showro...tailxMeQlDmEqHkS/China-HKS-BOV-Super-SQV.html

Takata Harnesses
http://chardlee.en.made-in-china.co...W/China-Racing-Seat-Belt-Takata-Harness-.html

You can't deny some of these JDM brands are being made in China. Home page:

http://www.made-in-china.com/

I'm not wanting to start a heated argument but just wanted people to realise that it seems in today's market your well known JDM products are acutally being manufacturered in China or even Taiwan (the country I was born in lol) ;)

Someone correct me wrong but the above does look like concrete proof right? Also I noticed on quite a few items the products are similar or copy of a well known brand/product like Apexi Turbo Timers... I assume this is where they manufacture for Japanese company but don't have the rights to sell as the original JDM product but in essense it's the exact same quality/construction just not badged HKS/Apexi/Bride etc...??

James

Last edited:
Reaction score
Don't know if this on the same line but still -

I've always throught this about takata. If your going to make a copy (fake) takata harness why wouldn't you go to the effort of making it identical. For example the real takata harness have 4 x stiching pattern or so and fakes have 7. Seems strange as if i was making a fake i would spend more time looking at these details and make them look identical to the original manufacture (as it wouldn't cost anymore). From the conclusion i can't help but think that the fakes are made in the same factory as that of the guinine items? That way they can retail to those who will splash the cash and buy the real deal and those who arn't prepared to and would buy an alternative cheaper brand if it wasn't for the lesser priced fakes.

Maybe i miles away but if i was a company i'd do this. This way takata can look like a premuim brand company and hold up it reputation of the brand while making considrably more profit.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I wouldn't be surprised at all if 'JDM' products are made there. Why wouldn't they? Loads of British branded products are made there but we just accept that. For some reason people tend to think that just because a Japanese company sells a product that it is made in japan.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I'm pretty convinced this is not a company selling fake JDM goods Tooley - main reason is because they do list other JDM brands such as this HKS mushroom filter but it says 'in the style of HKS mushroom filter':

http://nbmentor.en.made-in-china.co...na-Hks-Style-Copy-Air-Filter-MP-AFT610H-.html

There are both products that are listed 'in the style of XXX JDM brand' and also 'similar/copy of XXX JDM brand'... why would this company go to the trouble of listing 'copy of/in the style of' and then for other items just say it is HKS/Apexi/Bride etc??

As Craig says we have Dyson being made in India right these days and all sorts of 'British' household products being manufactured abroads... sign of the times and tough economy where cheapest producer wins all the contracts!

Reaction score
As craig and james have said i have to agree, what does it mater that there made in india anyway. Aslong as the materials used are as good and the quality is controlled.

S

snackbox

Where I used to work we had alot of chinese backpackers work with us. A few told us how they worked in factories making everything, Mainly seats but they told me when they are making seats and when they have the chance people steal alot of materials and gear and make fakes then sell them anyway they can for real cheap.

The main things they made were bike fairings they'd take moulds and all making fakes and thats where most of the fakes on ebay come from.

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
When I say china I mean all those countries making blatent copies of X product and trying to pass them off as genuine, or worse yet "as good as genuine". It seems like alot of people that buy the fake/crap/copy parts from "china" are trying to justify their decision to buy fake/crap/copy parts. In the best case scenario that china is making say, BRIDE seats, if you buy direct from the china factory/backdoor sellers then BRIDE doesn't make any money (here's double whammy: BRIDE also looses money from people stealing out of the factory) = BRIDE go broke = BRIDE close = no more BRIDE = no more BRIDE stuff.

Case in point #1 = TRUST/GREDDY recently filing for bankruptcy (product lineup cut down)
Case in point #2 = APEXI filing for bankruptcy (product lineup cut down).
Case in point #3 = APEXI filing for bankruptcy again (product lineup cut down again).

Where do you think these hektik JDM-yO! companies do their research, development and testing? Who do you think does all that work? All that work costs alot of money, china may well have the cheapness to mass manufacture the products so yeah go have a product made there.

JAP designed, *maybe* CHINA made, JAP tested, JAP quality assurance.
...OR...
CHINA copied, CHINA made, CHINA no testing, CHINA "quality".

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Have to agree on both sides of the story with companys here out sourcing their manufacturing because its cheaper thus keeping the company alive though as wing said when people from these countrys then copy the products and bankrupt the main company they will just take matters into their own hands and keep making the products as they are. As some one once said to me "buy it cheap, you buy it twice" ok on corsa's, clio's etc etc I could live with a halfrawds ****ty or ebay jobby induction kit and not really care same will exhausts, but would you honestly think of putting an ebay filter on a skyline r34 gtr?
if your answer is yes please sign out and never come back :wack: lol (kidding)
its a hard one when everyone in the world these days is only caring about number one (themselfs) but personaly I would rather support the bigger names than buy sh*t I wouldnt have faith in :)

Reaction score
Country
I'm not touching this thread at all (It's going to get heated). Oh and if you'd like to know, I'm for the JDM brands and against the crappy knockoffs.

S

snackbox

I am for genuine as well.. I will only buy something that will come with a warranty and a good customer service setup.

I have never seen that with chinese stuff but prob since i never bought any.

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
FAke products are ruining the scene! JDM parts have always been pricy but due to the amount of fake **** the genuine compaines put up there prices to cover there losses.

Wing sums it up properly and i agree.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol if everyone reads the original post properly I've put this thread up because I believe these Chinese companies are making GENUINE items for Jap companies... these aren't fakes... these are HKS/Apexi/Takata products you are paying top wack for!!

Unless I'm mistaken and this website has been designed to dupe everyone?! :D

tooley

Reaction score
Country
no i understand what your saying james.

But you said they had a product stating "in the style of" HKS mushroom etc.. to me that would give me the impression that they are fake other wise it would say HKS mushroom etc

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
oh yeah doh :wack: I think that's to do with Jap companies not willing to pay 'exclusivity' rights for the products these companies manufacture for and in the end theses factories can sell as copied items.

But then again I can't talk as I got a copy bumper 'in the style of Works9' :wack:

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Suppose its the same kinda deal with driftworks and apex parts at the end of the day they are copying a style someone else came up with, tested, done marketing etc yet cause its either cheaper or because of personal reasons through friends etc we buy from them, but I wouldnt trust a site that looked like that James its the same as people you make your mind up if you like them or not in the first 10 seconds with out digging further into it, we could all be totaly wrong and they might sell the real deal but for me simply due to how the site looks I wouldnt trust it with my money :)

tooley

Reaction score
Country
id buy fake body parts because there is no way that i can afford to buy a new £400 jdm bumper every time i smash it up lol driftio!