What's new

New Member Wanting Info on S15.

C

craigb78

Hi Guys new to the s15 scene and i am wanting to get one next year when i turn 21 so i am wanting some info. i have no rush to get one so not goin to rush in to anything.

i currently have a mk4 Astra Sri Turbo so wanting to change to a s15.

so down to the questions

what power is an s15 standard?

also i have seen them on pistonheads goin from about 7000 up to 12000. which got me thinking why cant i get one imported my self.

i dont mind doing some work myself to get it looking nice as i like doin that.

so i looked on a site i found and then there was a few s15s with about 90000km which converts t about 55000 miles and they where goin for around 2,500 then have to pay import and tax etc. but this seems really cheap?

anyone help me as to why they are so cheap is it because its a more basic model of the s15 or what?

any help greatly appreciated
craig

Reaction score
The S15's you're probably looking at are the Spec S, which is the Sr20de engine, 2.0l n/a basically.

The Spec R is the turbo model and they vary massively in price, Not to mention you'll never find one for £2.5k :D

If you decide on the Spec R I coudln't comment much on the standard car as I bought mine with a mountain of mods on it. The engine is the same as the S14/S14a bar the rollerbearing core on the turbo, larger injectors, and double mass flywheel, as far as I know. The JDM cars have a stock figure of 247bhp. However they respond very well to even minor mods like decat exhaust systems and so on.

The chassis has alot of internal bracing though and lower strut braces fitted as standard to make it stiffer, which works well. They've got the helicall diff, which is far better than the earlier S14a unit, I noticed a difference anyway.

6 speed gearbox, which I far prefer to the older 5 speeds.

I also really like the interiour, maybe others don't. I just though't i'd add that.

If you're after importing a car, you're best sticking to the reputable companies as you could end up with a turd that cost alot of money. Parts for th S15's are rare and hard to come by, so you may want to do a bit of shopping around before you definatley decide on a car you haven't seen in person.

Last edited: