What's new

Colour change?

Reaction score
Country
Lately I've been thinking about having the colour changed on my 15.

What's the general opinion on whether it will detract from the value of the car being a non factory colour, or whether it would make it more sellable when the time comes?

Also, has anyone got any good pics of S15's in non factory colours for inspiration :)

F

faxij

Dont own a 15 mate, but what i know from bikes likely counts for cars as well - make sure you invest in a decent paintjob!
If you try to save and get a cheap-ish one you might risk stupid damages and a depreciation.
If you make sure its a high-quality job and choose a colour thats somewhat "normal", it should significantly increase your salesprice on a later point of time. meaning, neongreen is a color probably only very few love, but a decent blue with a fade from light navy to ocean or similar, maybe a few small flakes or just a nice metallic version...that will mostly be received well by a wide selection of tastes :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Personally I wouldn't do it mate. Not sure if it would devalue it but I'm sure it wouldn't add value. As mentioned above, for a proper job with all the glass out etc it would easily be £2k+. Then more still if you have the engine bay and other bits done.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
I would not do it :no:

If you want a different colour S15 I'd buy another S15 with crap paint work and spray that up.

Not worth the money, especially as your car has good paint work on it.

Reaction score
Country
The paint on mine is okay. Even if I keep it the same colour, there's a few bits I'd like tidying up.

Colours I've been considering at the minute are:

Bmw Sepang Bronze

Lexus Desert Sage

Nissan Silver Moss

Nissan Millenium Jade

or S13 2 tone green

Reaction score
Country
I quite like the proper S15 aqua colour too. I've never seen one in this colour in the metal.

This was the only one I saw going through auction when I was looking for mine

Reaction score
Country
The house of colour paints look okay, but they're too over the top for what I like.
I like more subtle colours that could pass as factory.

It's not that I don't like the colour that it is at the minute, it's just that most of the S15's about seem to be pewter or white with the odd blue thrown in. I'd like something a bit more individual :).
When I was buying my 15 I was holding out for a black one, and did try for a yellow one, but there didn't seem to be many going through auctions in them colours, and in decent condition, so I ended up not being fussy over what colour it was.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
please not the two tone.

The aqua colour (known as Aqua Silver - BN5) is "extremely" rare. I believe that there has only ever been 2 in Aus. They are JDM inports as this colour was never an option here. So if you want factory rare, this is your colour. IMHO it is an aquired taste.