What's new

Weight of car and suitable trolly jack?

Reaction score
Country
I have a bog standard Drapper jack atm think its 1.5 tonnes..

But anyway I need to invest in a new jack so was wondering how much the S15's weigh?

Also anyone know any decent places to get a nice big low profile jack as I dont want another skinny one that could topple over!

Was looking on Machine Mart and they are about £100+ Probably the going rate though :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
a 2 tonne trolley will more than do for you mate, i've had a 2 tonne jack for about 7 years now and its still going strong, was only about 50-00 with a creeper and stands at the time. when i get a new one it will be low entry like this one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEALEY-2500LE..._Lifting_Moving_Equipment&hash=item3a5f251adb
in fact, i'd probably go for that jack if i was looking tbh, it's 2.5 tonne rated but that just means it will be getting light duty lifting a silvia and should last well.....

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
thats sounds good^^ clarke, sealey etc are all low level but trustworthy brands. my jack is a real cheapy mvp one and as i say, thats lasted. so any of those should be dependable....

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah I've been looking at those Sealey 2.5 tonne ones off eBay :)

I've got to the point where I'm working so much on the car it's almost jacked up at some point every week!! :wack:

Just for reference stock S15 weighs around 1420 kg IIRC??

Mine is too low for normal jack as well now so I have wooden bits to drive onto first. But if I get front bumper off or use the diff at the back then it's all good... straight on and straight up!! :thumbs:

Reaction score
Nah i think they're heavier! Mine feels SOOO slow compared to my 14 even though its running about 20bhp more!

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I have a 1.25T alloy low entry jack from machine mart. The most you ever jack up will be half of the cars weight anyway so don't worry too much about the ratings as your unlikely to exceed them.

Reaction score
Put my spec R on the council weighbridge a few weeks ago.
1260kg with a full tank and a carbon bonnet

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Soz guys!!! :wack: :wack: TOTAL FAIL on my behalf... I've always had it down to around 1240 kg... It think I was having a Monday morning idiot moment lol :nod:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Jez - ^^ jack looks awesome!!

However, I really wanted one with long handle as I'm lazy and prefer to be able to drag/steer the jack from one side of the car to the other and in/out of garage haha :wack: