What's new

Very first trackday for me and car.

Reaction score
Went to Llandow yesterday (oct 2nd 2010) jointly with the SXOC and The MKIV Supra club and what a great day.

I'd not been on a track before, so was a little nervous, but the briefing went well and was well run. I was in the beginner (green) group of course :eek:. Was nerve-wracking queuing up for my first group session, but once out I settled down. I really had a blast and managed to get faster and more confident as the day ran off. I even managed to overtake one of the Supras and keep an Impreza at bay :thumbs:.

I was the only s15 there on the day. Still got the S15OC stickers on as well LOL.

Well I've well and truly got the bug now. But, this track day has really highlighted the fact I need new brakes as the standard Nissan vrakes are not up to the abuse. Other than that the car ran great and had awesome grip in the corners, with the supras running a little wide on some.

There was a fantastic Saxo there as well. Completely race prepared and it was FAST.

There is some post llandow discussion thread on the MKIV Supra Forum.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Excellent work. The S15 is great even as a standard car. I found that the changing the front pads to Ferrodo DS2500's made a huge difference to the cars braking. I did buy some grooved discs at the time as well, but I don't think they are really needed unless yours are shot.

Reaction score
It is bloody addictive alright, as above the right pads will make a massive difference, what brake fluid were you using??
Yeah, I can't wait till the next one now. I def need better pads. Brake fluid? I'm not sure. I'll be changing my brakes before the next one though. Got some R34 rears to go on and I'll probably get some KSport or AP Racing fronts.

S15 trackday needed in the spring me thinks!
Oh yeah :thumbs: Would we get enough from just the s15oc though for a track day. Might be better to do a joint club day. SXOC/S15OC day maybe. That would be fun.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Awesome mate!! :thumbs:

That's what it's all about for me... pushing the car to it's limits is how you spend the whole next month thinking I need this, I need that, would be nice to have this lol... the modding bug will truly start!!

As Meddler says you'll feel a massive difference just by getting DS2500's coupled with stock discs even and braided lines plus DOT5 etc. I had this setup for a while and just about to upgrade to K-Sport 330mm kit which Adam has kindly sold me :D But I reckon going from stock to K-Sport will be a kahoona leap in braking haha... they do lock much more specially if the tyres aren't gripping well and the DS2500 pads will cost a bit more than stock Nissan size etc.

I was up for going to Llandow earlier in the summer but change of plans meant I didn't make it - looks fun and think you can get serious speed on the hanger straight :D

Yeah I'd deffo be up for a track day with fellow S15OC'ers next year... maybe we should look into Llandow or anywhere else that isn't too expensive as I've done Oulton and all the big tracks are usually £170+ open pit day :(

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
I put DOT5 brake fluid in mine for my first trackday and had little or no brake fade all day on a standard set up...

I upgraded to larger front calipers with APP lines & EBC discs and pads before my second trackday though and the difference was monumental :eek:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
as for brake fluid, motul RBF600 is good. you don't need DOT5, just a good DOT4 fluid.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
as for brake fluid, motul RBF600 is good. you don't need DOT5, just a good DOT4 fluid.
Yeah I've been recommended RBF600 which I'll change to next time round for sure :thumbs:

I keep reading that DOT5 has slightly higher boiling points than DOT4 (which we'll never reach unless it's like a full on race car using crazy braking temps) but... is more adverse to getting moisture within the fluid so over time can lose it's effectiveness??

Reaction score
Country
Ive got a K-Sport 330mm setup for sale, havent officially advertised it yet but il be looking for £450 + delivery. Done about 6000 miles. Ill get pics up soon whe i get the chance to put up a proper sale post, but pm me in the meantime if anyone is interested.

Reaction score
Ohhh, I'd better start selling stuff I have lying around then as I deffo want K Sport or equiv brakes.
I've got a boost controller and loads of gauges (greddy) to sell for starters :) I'll have to start a sale thread.