What's new

water temp

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Hi guys ,just out of curiosity what sort of reading should I be getting for water temp when the car is fully warmed up and being driven? Any ideas?

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I think anything around 80 degrees is fine, I seem to stay around 70-75 when driving normaly.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah and if you drive around without the front bumper for a few days like I had to you notice the temps go down by another 5 to 8 degrees lol :wack:

G

gunner93

Was running 84 to 96 deg C on stock radiator.

Now my temp is down to 76deg C after I change to aluminium radiator with R33 clutch fan, oil cooler and bigger oil pan.

T

Toby

R33 Clutch Fan?

Whats the deal with that?

Mine use to sit at 84C, thats with a FMIC and Ally Rad with the std fan and cowling, I then fitted an undertray and went down to about 80-82oc, Hoping the carbon cooling pannel ive got in the Group buy will see temps a little lower still.

Where are youguys getting you're reading from, top rad hose>?

Reaction score
Country
Mine sits at pretty much exactly half way all the time once warmed up. But I havent gave it stick for more than a few seconds at a time yet :eek:

T

Toby

Intresting, never heard of that - does it fit inside the std cowling?

Would be nice to see a comparison picture of the 2 next toe ach other

Jay

Reaction score
i got the r33 fan in mine, and yes it fits under the standard cowling. the r33 fan is about 1/2 inch bigger than the sr20 one and pulls air a lil harder. on the issue of temps, i tend to run at about 85 max under heavy loading

G

gunner93

The R33 runs quite hot close to 95 to 100 degC even with the 9-blade clutch fan. S15 has 7-blades. So switching to 9 blade one will help cooling especially those who boost above 1 bar.

Reaction score
Country
Forgive me for sounding stupid but on the S15 temp display where is 100 degC? As it hasnt got any numbers at the side...mine has never gone above half way the whole time ive had it..starts off cold and then warms up to half and stays there, so what temp is it at when its at half way?

G

gunner93

You need aftermarket gauges to see the numbers or if you have Power FC Commander, you can also see the numbers.
The factory water temp is only an indicator. It will stay in the middle from 70degC to 100degC. So no drama to it.

G

gunner93

Its a direct bolt on. The fan shroud may require some cutting to accodate the bigger blades though. If its done tastefully, you wont notice anything at all. Some say its heavier. Maybe a tad, but the benefit of the stronger pulling force far surpass the weight of it (if at all).

T

Toby

I cant see how the shroud could be trimmed with out actually cutting a whole in it, and thats going to create turbulance...?