What's new

Help with installing HID kit

Reaction score
I have just bought a Jap HID kit and one of the relay kit from Cookie. But there are no diagrams what soever from both of the parts. There are so much wires from the relay box :confused: , and I have not got a clue how to wire them up.

Can somebody give me some advice, I think a some of you have installed Cookie's relay kit on their car already. I am not very good with electrical stuff so much help as possible PLEASE ;)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Be VERY careful putting the ballasts into the bulb housings. Its as tight as feck. Also, goes without saying not to touch the ballast glass....

Reaction score
From the picture on the link can anyone tell me where the ignitor is? Not sure where to connect those two long red wires to from Cookie's box. :confused:

D

Derek

Lads whats the difference between Hid and Xenon's? Why do ye upgrade? I am conused?

Reaction score
Country
HIDs and Xenon are the same,

HID = High Intense Discharge

Xenon = the type of gas it uses

they are essentally gas bulbs that require a high inital voltage to create a arc. thats why they reqire ballast to be installed too. With some kits they included a start external from ballast and some are built in.

advantages are HID is much brighter then standard bulb. been very close to sunlight.

means great for night drifting :thumbs:

also most people get then cause they have blue tint coming out og the light which can be classifield K ie 12000K(purple) 8000k(blue) 6400k (ice blue) 5200 (bright white)

i've the 8000K
i could not go back to the old bulbs after using HID/Xenons night driving is just so much clearer.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
projection headlights but also depends on which model it is aswell some S15 comes with stock HID

Reaction score
Country
i think HID was an option in japan.

ive the standard projectors on mine which use H1 bulbs.

can be easily up graded by purchasing HID kits with HID H1 bulb, they fit straight into the bulb housing. just rquired to fit the ballast on the head lights then wire it up.

if your lucky enough to have the HID Headlights, you can get replacemeny bulbs of different light color.

Ebays a good place to search for kits

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
mine were projection aswell but brought a aftermarket HID kit off ebay and they work great

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Personally, I wouldn't recommend 8000k bulbs. I wouldn't go over 6000k, as the quality of the light deteriorates. 8000k may look cool, but 6000k and 5000k give a clearer purer light, closer to sunlight (which is the best you can get).

Reaction score
Country
true the light is not as bright as the 6000k but there still brighter then standard bulbs and thats good enough for me.

i think 8000k gives it a real distinctive look.
people know its not a bemmer or merc coming up behind you :cool:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The light is right on the edge of illegal in the UK, where you aren't allowed to display a blue light on a road vehicle.