What's new

S15 APEX exhausts?

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Hi Guys,

I've been told that APEX are looking into making the same type exhaust systems for the S15 that they do for the S13/S14.

Just wanting to gauge if people would be interested and also what type? The std looking twin backbox or the jap style big bore?

If they think there is enough interest they will go ahead and put them into production, so will be a good (but cheaper) alterative to the usual well know branded name exhausts.

If I'm not allowed to do this then close the thread pls

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd be interested in a Jap Style big (ish) bore. Make it around the same db level as the HKS Silent Hi Power and I'm in.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Big bore fo' sure. Not sure how many they would actually sell though..

Reaction score
Country
:) Jap big bore should look good.

I tought that S14s would fit the S15, with hanger modifications. Never tryed, thou.

Cheers
XT

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I think they are different lengths too due to the cat being different.

Reaction score
Country
If I were to buy one, I'd want the twin exit, as it's likely to be quieter.

I've even considered making my own twin exit backbox to fit.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i've heard that apex exhausts sound a bit pants and the stainless isnt as good as the bigger brands, but you cant argue with the price :)

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
They get very good feed back from the s13/s14 exhausts, but like you say for the money they are a nice alterative :)

anyone else like to comment?

Reaction score
I'd be interested, especially if they were around the same noise level as the HKS Hi-power silent, as has already been mentioned.

Almost everything else on my car is Apex, so might as well get the exhaust too! LOL

K

Kev@apex

Hello :wave:

Its true we are looking at doing S15 exhausts for you guys, as you don't have a lot of choice.

The previous Apex Jap-Style exhausts were made abroad, and the "sensible" twin exit we have had great success with has always been UK made. All Apex exhausts have now swapped production the the UK factory, with new designs for the jap-style and beefier silencing for a meatier, deeper but lower dB sound. We all know police and race tracks are enforcing noise with more gusto every year, and we are adjusting for peoples changing needs :)

Tell us what you want, we can then take your needs on board in the design stages and will get the 2 designs "Sensible" and "Jap" out for you in the near future with a correct stock split for what you guys want.

Hope you guys appreciate the investment, and see this is not just a plug :yawn:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
this is good, the chinese ones seemed to rust even though they were stainless ???

Reaction score
Agreed, this is very good. I see "sensible" as something that looks/sounds like the HKS Silent Hi-Power just less restrictive, if that's possible.
As for "Jap", not sure. Looks wise I would have thought the same, but noisier.

This sound good?

K

Kev@apex

this is good, the chinese ones seemed to rust even though they were stainless ???
The older Apex ones were not Chinese, and we didnt have rusting through issues. But anyway, irrelevant now.

Agreed, this is very good. I see "sensible" as something that looks/sounds like the HKS Silent Hi-Power just less restrictive, if that's possible.
As for "Jap", not sure. Looks wise I would have thought the same, but noisier.

This sound good?
Actually the "Jap" will be more like a Silent Hi-Power but with less restriction, and the Sensible a little quieter with a twin 3.5" exit as per the S14 type.

Reaction score
Actually the "Jap" will be more like a Silent Hi-Power but with less restriction, and the Sensible a little quieter with a twin 3.5" exit as per the S14 type.
That's great. What sort of timescales are we looking at? Oh I'd volunteer for some test fitting if it could be done near here :)

Jay

Reaction score
what about the prices? i know that its early days, but are you gonna be competitive with the likes of japspeed? i have always been disapointed that just because major brands have a name behind them, they can charge treble for a product that may only be on a par with "inferior" brands.

i have a japspeed system, and in terms of performance, its on a par with any major brand. the issue with the japspeed is the noise levels. if i could get the performance and a more liveable noise level with the same cost then im a future customer!

i know japspeed is what lots here describe as chinese, but it will last longer than my ownership of the car.

in a nutshell.... no we dont have a great choice here in the uk, but if cost is too high, then i cant see the point.

K

Kev@apex

I wouldn't like to comment on pricing to be honest, I'm not a registered trader here, but there are links to the S14 products posted by others.

Timescale = by the end of the year, we are currently swapping the S14 jap style and S13 japstyle to the UK factory as well as developing the S13 "sensible". S15 development will be next on the list.