What's new

Petrol

Reaction score
Country
Was thinking yesterday..

I went to BP to fill up the S15 with Ultimate as it was closer than Shell, (I tend to use Shell as its got the highest RON) But anyway BP's Ultimates were all closed so I went home as I had enough in still..

But lets say worst situation I couldnt get home..would it cause damage to the engine putting in normal unleaded water crap?

Has anyone ever resorted to it? :eek:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I don't think it will, I would suggest just don't drive the car on full boost until you can get some v-power back in it..

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I get this problem all the time... damn Shell garages around us seem to run out of V-Power ALL THE TIME grrrr... pisses me right off!!

So on a few ocassions I've had to fill up a small amount with 95 RON and pootle around off boost until I get a full tank of 99 RON back in the tank :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I had to put some 95 in mine once when the fuel level reached critical! I just put £10 in to get me to a Shell, then filled it with V-Power to dilute the bad petrol!

Try to go for V-Power though as it is 99RON, BP Ultimate is still only 97RON, so halfway between normal and V-Power

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
And half the time you will find BP is dearer than Shell (it is up here anyway) so you will be getting less bang for your buck :wack:

Reaction score
Country
I mainly use Tesco99 or Shell VPower as they are both close to my house. Ive never had to put 95/97 in :)

Reaction score
Back when I had my Golf GTI, all the tuners would swear by V-Power and not Tesco's 99RON. Apparently the Tesco fuel has additives in it or something...

I personally don't care anymore and fill with Tesco or V-Power. BP's fuel is the ultimate rip-off.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
they all have additives in their fuel. Shell used to use (and I am sure they still do) a mild detergent in their fuel to clean the injectors. My carburetted bike used to hate the stuff, it would forever gum up the plugs.

Reaction score
Country
The only good petrol station i have is a Shell one. Been using V power all the time.
Me bro always uses V power for his Impreza and its fine, heh but we had to put in Unleaded when we went to Alton Towers. Thought his car was going to die when he drove it lol.
My asdas is having a petrol station put in there soon. I laugh if they have some asda george petrol which is 99ron lol.