What's new

Parking worries...

Reaction score
I'm assuming a few people worry about their cars when they leave them parked in mass story places. This is a first for me, as the car is so clean. I actually go out of my way to park at the back of a car park where there's so many free spaces, someone would have to be a real tool to plop their **** wagon next to my car:D. The other half hates the walking though.

Anyway, the following picture was taken by my missus about a month ago at Westfield in Shephards Bush, London. She thought I was being pathetic and found the whole situation quite amusing. I thought I was doing the right thing by giving the BMW owner lots of space...:nod::D

Last edited:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Yep I do the same, and the Mrs takes the pee out of me as well ;)

haven't tried a car park with levels yet as I doubt I'd get up and down the ramps :(

Reaction score
I don't do double spaces but I do park in the parent/child spaces whenever we go to the supermarket, not done the disabled ones yet... I'm not saying I will by the way:p

The only part of the car that suffers with bumps is the exhaust. My S14a was stupidly low and the S15 is lower, but because it doesn't have the Aero kit I don't hit the front bumper on anything, which is nice.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Hmm, 2 spaces is risky as people just think your a ****, so I avoid that one! I always park in the most car-friendly space, even if its miles away. Have not currently got a single parking ding and intend to keep it that way!

Reaction score
you should see the paranoia of my brother with his car he takes it to the extreme lol, personally i'm glad that the exteria of my car is uber clean otherwise i'd be the same and it would do my own head in. but if i ever saw any damage id go through the roof!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I do sometimes park further away... but only so I can walk away and admire her beauty without a distracting Mondeo or Corsa next to her lmao :p :D

Since I managed to feck up the front bumper within 1.5 weeks of fitting plus there's all sorts of cracks on the skirt and a faint scratch along the bonnet (long story!) I don't see the point of worrying about a small pin dent should some gypsy add that to my collection of 'irregularities' lol :wack:

I do avoid 4X4 w*ankers like the plague cos they wouldn't leave a pin dent or scratch, they'd friggin' take the door off if they could... nobbers!!!

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
it just doesnt seem to work.........i park like that all the time and spend the time to find a space that someone would have to go out of thier way to run into. doesnt stop twats from scraping your car, someone did my front wing in maidstone and i was very p1ssed indeed. :(

Reaction score
Country
I get paranoid about parking on my drive lol!

I don't even live in a bad area but sadly the world is full of nasty jealous cu*ts so I wouldn't be to surprised if one day someone thought it would be 'funny' to smash a window or key the side..

As for parking in car parks I do try and stay away from the busy section tbh as its just safer away from run-away trolleys and oversized heffers walking past scratching it.

Having a nice car can be a pain sometimes :nod:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
it is sad.....i havent had any problems and as you i dont live in a bad area but my mate over the road has a nice subaru and the kids(or a sad adult) keeps stealing the valve caps off it.....he doesnt want to put security caps on it in case its not kids and if they cant get them off they might just scratch it out of spite. its just ridiculous some of the things we have to do to make sure our cars dont get touched :(

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I always park well away from everyone , but I have found no matter how far away I park ,even when the whole car park is empty when I come back toi my car there is someone parked next to me lol

K

kababaka

Someone nicked my valve caps too! Whats the point! Why not nick em off a **** car!
Lat time I went to a multi story I parked on the first level, after the ramp going up to the 2nd level, right next to the security guard! lol :-D Can never be too careful!
Hate teh parking where I live, I live in a lovely area but I don't have a drive so people walking past with bags might scratch it! Makes me nervous! We've also got weird old people for neighbours who I wouldn't put it past to scratch it out of spite because they've lived here longer than us and they think they have the right!
Hate having to worry about stuff like this! I am STILL waiting to get stuff sorted from when the reverand rolled into my car when it was parked up!

K

kababaka

I always park well away from everyone , but I have found no matter how far away I park ,even when the whole car park is empty when I come back toi my car there is someone parked next to me lol
It's because people like to park next to nice cars as they think their owners are most unlikley to be careless...makes sense I park next to the most expensive car in works car park every day :)

Jay

Reaction score
simple... i dont take the 15 anywhere near the supermarket or multistory carparks, we have the ford for that. on the rare occasion i do go to the supermarket then i go to the pick up point, drop the wife off and wait in the car till she is done. if i have to go into town then i park in the carpark of the company i work for which is covered by cctv.

i know that all sounds a lil anal, but i have suffered in the past with nasty dings whilst parked up, and black cars shows up the scratches and dings twofold....

Reaction score
yer my brother will park in the most out of the way car parking space in a car park and fail that he will park next to the cleanest spanking car possible. He will mentally takes note of the cars which he parks next too and when he comes back to his car if he find that the same cars still remain he's over joyed.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
I can't get mine in to multi-story car park nor most car parks with speed bumps so that kinda cut taking it shopping out. If we are going somewhere i know i can get the car parked i go find myself an Aston or something to park next too. Not that it matters as I live in a flat with no allocated parking which means by the time i get home i can you park in the secluded spaces ground the back under the oak (acorns) and horse-chestnut (concurs) trees!

Reaction score
when going into multistories i try to say on the lowest floor possible it not so much going up it coming back down! the lower edge of the front bumper scrapes and it cringing.

Reaction score
Country
I park super far from any cars and in some cases, if I know it's going to be busy, I don't drive at all. Yeah I was crazy with my last ride and my wife hated it.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
That's the problem I don't take my 15 to multi storeys,but my other car is a black 10 plate type r and don't reAlly like leaving either of my cars anywhhere near other cars lol I need to buy a proper crap car for the shopping run really!!!!

Reaction score
Country
Yeah, I learned my lesson and now I've got a daily car to take anywhere and once the S15s are legal in Canada, I'll have my weekend car. You want to enjoy your car, not walk around the mall with your steering wheel wondering if anyone is messing about with your ride.