What's new

Will I notice any difference once my intercooler is fitted?

Curryzz

Reaction score
Just wondering if I will actually feel any difference once my front mount is on, I'm on the understanding I need it mapped for the car to be running properly but everybody says a front mount is a great upgrade so will it increase bhp or feel quicker with just fitting it? Just wondering:)

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Nah tbh mate it just lets more air get pushed through the system you will notice it alot more after a good remap though, this is going from after we fitted a FMIC to my mates P1 WRX and we couldnt tell much of a difference :)

p.s what one did you end up getting?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
You may get a bit more torque from it but if you feel any gains it'll probably be psychological.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i found my car 'felt' better after fitting it, think it was just smoothed out, but i didnt really notice a performance gain as such. you really need to get it all together and mapped to get the benefit from it all.

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
An intercooler will not make you car do anything. All it does is allows you to up the boost safley if you increase your boost after fitting your intercooler then you will notice a power increase.

Curryzz

Reaction score
An intercooler will not make you car do anything. All it does is allows you to up the boost safley if you increase your boost after fitting your intercooler then you will notice a power increase.
Kool,what boost can I run with out a remap safely?

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
if you're running a decat exhaust, fuel pump and filter it should go up to about 0.9-1 bar but i'd definitely keep an eye on it and go for a remap asap ;)

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
then whats stopping you ;)
i'd personally go for injectors and afm before doing it though to make the most of it. you'll need an aftermarket boost gauge too. this stage was the biggest bang per buck i got tuning wise, after that the gains become a bit dearer.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah I was on 0.9 bar before my remap but if you use Steve @ FC Tuning or any decent SR mapper then the amount of torque gain is incredible and puts a massive grin on the face :)

Jay

Reaction score
a good map ftw!!!

mine was awesome after mapping and drives like a car with much bigger power than the 300 ponies or so that it currently has... but that is because the torque figure is probs bigger than the horsepower, and we all know its all about the torque!!!