What's new

What shall I do? S15 or mates SC DC5

Curryzz

Reaction score
I need some help making a decision, I have a friend with a Super charged DC5, it's a 03 plate, looks very nice and goes very well, He has spent around 7k on the charger and a clutch etc, he wants to do a straight swap, I'm quite tempted as I work for Honda and sell Spoon Sports parts as a job, his car is probably worth 12-13k for a cash sale but I have just spend 2k on a bottom end rebuild so in my eyes my car is worth 12k but in reality it's not, so with work etc it's not a bad offer, hmm

Here is a link to his car
http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=30005

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
need to be a member to see the dc5 :(
IMO dude I would keep the s15 its all well and good taking something someone else has built but you know in the end if you keep your s15 your time, effort, sweat and 99.9% of your wadges has went into it :wack: it will be worth it in the long run :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I always loved dc5's and almost bought a blue one when I got my fn2! And a supercharged one would be fun but its front wheel drive for a start and the s15 in my eyes is a much better and nicer looking car,is a tough choice as u work sellin spoon parts but I think I would still keep the s15 mate,its your call I would take it for a drive as that's the only real way to decide,I think after a drivE u will stick with the 15

Curryzz

Reaction score
I always loved dc5's and almost bought a blue one when I got my fn2! And a supercharged one would be fun but its front wheel drive for a start and the s15 in my eyes is a much better and nicer looking car,is a tough choice as u work sellin spoon parts but I think I would still keep the s15 mate,its your call I would take it for a drive as that's the only real way to decide,I think after a drivE u will stick with the 15

Yes I agree totally with both of you, due to the fact iv had such a hard time with the s15 it does tempt me to go with Honda, my S15 has been of the road more than on the road, iv only had it about a year it was of the road the hole of this summer , it's surprising how much it has affected me, not just me but also has involved other people like my girlfriend, friends, mum and dad, all just to get through the car breaking, it's quite stressful so to have the reliability ova Honda does sound but, I can't ignore the feelings I have that I shouldn't do it though lol, I think I have lost my confidence in the car to be honist.

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
To be honest mate once you supercharge a Honda the reliability goes out the window, my friend has a EP3 with a Rotrex Supercharger and he has spent 10s of thousands of pound and all hes managed to get is 330bhp now taking its a FWD the handeling issuses will be coming into play big time on the other hand if I spent the same cash on my S15 it would be eating DB9s and 911's for lunch, there is a limit to what you can do with a FWD to a RWD would say that DC5 wouldnt be able to do much else and you WILL want it to be faster in time as we all get used to what our cars can put out lol

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Its hard when you get to that stage with a car is easier to walk away,I bought my car to find out it needed about 2500 k work doing on it straight away,it annoyed me but since I have had it done I love the car again.and now you have had the work done I am surprised that you haven't fallen back in love with the car yet mate. Only u know how you feel about the car but I would defo not rush into anything as the 15 is a better car, we all get disheartened sometimes but I think your car looks nice and now should be reliable to go with it. If he is your mate could u not get temporary insurance and swap cars for a few days see how you feel about it? I bet you would miss your car,and I bet the other guy would REALLY want your car then too lol

Curryzz

Reaction score
Yeah true Allan, once mine is mapped it will be at 300bhp I would of thought, I really fancy some nice seats and getting all my camber sorted, does seem like a money pit, just need to drive it for a few miles and get confidence it's actually a good car, i have learnt a he'll of a lot mind during the time iv been fault finding.

Pegliobaglio, I actually havnt got it back yet the engine will be back in the car this week, so I havnt had the I LOVE MY CAR AGAIN FEELING lol, I will defiantly not rush, I get that dodgy feeling in my stomach when I talk about selling her, I'm 100% sure I'd miss it but wouldn't miss the bills, what did you have wrong with yours?

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Its a love hate thing dude always will be but when its running just how you want it it will be doing more for you than any hyped up teg could do :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Well between the time I put a deposit on it and picking it up the guy at the garage had slid the car into a kerb I reckon as the rear camber was at 7 degrees and front and rear arms on the pass side were bent,needed new steering arms ,new diff both lower arms ,,it had the wrong plugs in so was misfiring has s13 seats in the bodykit , needs sorting,wrong offset wheels with dodgy spacers no stereo/speakers stripped all the aftermarket gauges out so have holes in my dash lol there is a huge list I have been working through,they wouldn't sort any of it apart from the plugs so I bit the bullet and went for all uprated bits,still a few things left to do but the car itself was mint had loads of factory extras and loads of nismo parts he didn't tell me about, so after I sorted the problems had a mint low mileage car,I went into it wanting a project and I certainly got that!

Curryzz

Reaction score
Yeah I do think I'm the only one with the problems, I forget everybody is in the same boat trying to keep there S15 working and how they like it, well I am trying to keep positive:) I do have a really tidy S15 so I should be glad of that:)

Well between the time I put a deposit on it and picking it up the guy at the garage had slid the car into a kerb I reckon as the rear camber was at 7 degrees and front and rear arms on the pass side were bent,needed new steering arms ,new diff both lower arms ,,it had the wrong plugs in so was misfiring has s13 seats in the bodykit , needs sorting,wrong offset wheels with dodgy spacers no stereo/speakers stripped all the aftermarket gauges out so have holes in my dash lol there is a huge list I have been working through,they wouldn't sort any of it apart from the plugs so I bit the bullet and went for all uprated bits,still a few things left to do but the car itself was mint had loads of factory extras and loads of nismo parts he didn't tell me about, so after I sorted the problems had a mint low mileage car,I went into it wanting a project and I certainly got that!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah defo mate,looks very clean! Mine is proper mint underneath done under 40k miles and is getin fairly well specd now,just I don't like the wheels and bodykit so I have a hard job job to just look at my car and keep upbeat just have to think the actual car is mint juSt need to spend a bit to get it how I want it. I reckon when you get your back you should have no problems with it and after a few days driving it you will make your mind up dude

M

miller81

I had a cl7 euro r accord with the k-20 engine,it was mint and couldnt really fault it other than being fwd..but to be honest I got bored with it fairly quickly and I think you might feel the same with the dc5 after a while..i just think the s15 is way more fun and to be fair i havent had any bother with mine yet!!

Reaction score
Ok, a different model but a mate of mine has a dc 2 that he did a home turbo build on which ended up with 463bhp on the rollers and did 128mph across the line at Pod. I've seen the car go and there's just no traction atall but he somehow says the car handles:rotfl:. For me, it's just a Honda though, there's nothing special about them.

Personally, I think there's the exclusivity of owning an S15, mostly because not many people know what they are. Rear wheel drive will always be a level above front wheel drive. Then there's the specs of the car itself, 250bhp standard with rediculous potential and at cheaper cost. Far more chassis bracing than the previous models, so the car was intended to handle well, and it does. The most obvious one I suppose is it's a far better looking car than a DC5.

There's one more thing though, you've come onto an S15 board asking if you should swap your car for a Honda... What do you think people's opinions would be?:D

M

miller81

And you will have to put up with being called another "HONDA HEAD"..at least thats the perception of honda owners in Ireland:p

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I've got a few mates I meet up regularly with Hondas... VTEC yO! :D

But they love the S15 and always comment how stunning she looks... still rare and they envy the fact I can go sideways and have a play. I think for me it's always been about how she drives and handles and nothing will tempt me away... not even if someone said they wanted to swap me an R33 GT-R because I'm completely absorbed in the way I know how she drives and reacts. Been on the Nurburgring and boy was she grippy with plenty there to have mental track action. Drifting wise there's nothing that comes close to the weight balance and being able to spin her on a sixpence :thumbs:

I know you've had your problems but I can't see her being more costly to run especially after your rebuilt engine everything should be fresh and you'll have plenty of life left in her to enjoy!

Last edited: