What's new

What shall I do? S15 or mates SC DC5

Reaction score
il be honest here, i had a jdm ep3 and it was ten times more comfortable then the s15, much more refined and built better and the reliability was very good.

I havent actually taken my car away from the importer yet as its not as described but basicallyit has completely put me off of s15s in a massive way.

So if i was in you right now with that sort of offer id snap his arms off! But that is only based on the way i have been treated in the last 5 days.

Reaction score
Havent read all the way through the tread to see what others have said but all i can say is money wise there in the same ball park.
so basically it comes down to do u want to be driving a rwd car or fwd car? I do like the dc5 but for me its all about the rwd action.:D

sorry to hear about that wayne but how can you relate trouble your having with a importer to preferences between s15 and dc5

I'm the same as lupix, S15 the car for me, yes it is a money pit i've had my problems with the car and i'm sure i'll have plenty more in the future but at the end of the day there's no other car for me.

Last edited:

Curryzz

Reaction score
Yeah I think where iv had such a bad time with mine it does put me off a tad, after spending 4000 pounds in 6 months:(

Jay

Reaction score
in the dc5 with a s/c, be prepared to replace the gearbox every 10k. its the same with ep3's. as with many jap cars the weak link is the gb. as a previous owner of tuned hondas, trust me when i say that reliability deterioates the more you tune it (stating the obvious i know). also the costs associated with repairing/tuning a honda will be greater than the nissan on like for like basis....(when i started tuning the ep3, it cost me around £2.5k to get 25bhp extra over factory!)

thats been my experience anyhow....

Reaction score
im comparing the two over one drive/view/opinion so it is quite unfair, but i am biased, ive had loads of hondas and they are bomb proof, granted i havent had a charged one but i have had many other bolt on mods and to get realpower you have to spend BIG money.