What's new

Thinking of buy a Spec-S

S

Swede

Hello

Im thinking of buy a spec-s s15. But I wonder what compares the spec-s from spec-r?

I know the spec-s is N/A and not 6speed gearbox and another diff. But except from this? Will all the aftermarketparts for spec-r fits the spec-s like bodyparts,brakes and chassiparts?

Please show me the different things with pics.

Regards

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Hi,

You will find the answers to most of your questions here.

There are other differences such as chassis bracing etc but you have the main points there. Most aftermarket parts are interchangeable.

S

Swede

Hi,

You will find the answers to most of your questions here.

There are other differences such as chassis bracing etc but you have the main points there. Most aftermarket parts are interchangeable.
Hi thanks for the answer and link!
What chassi braces differs?
Maybe someone have pics of the differences?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
on the spec r there is additional bracing in the boot/trunk, in the rear footwells, on the pillars and in the roof, around the strut tops and under the car there are a couple of additional bracing bars. i would expect that you could make a spec s as stiff as a spec r with aftermarket bracing but the best part is the spec r coming with them as standard. also the engine, but if its an n/a s15 you are after for whatever reason then you've not much choice ;)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Some of the holes for the bracing is not drilled in the Spec S. So if you wanted to fit the Spec R bracing to a Spec S, you will more than likely get the drill out.