What's new

What Pressure??

Reaction score
Country
My S15 is running on 255 35 18's at the rear and 225 40 18's on the front

Was just wondering what sort of pressures people would recommend for normal road driving with occasional fast road too.

Ive looked at that formula thingy on SXOC and cant make head or tail of that lol :nod:

Cheers, Nicko :cool:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
They are the same sizes as I run. The rears are obviously wider than the fronts but should they be higher, lower or the same? If you go down the scientific route of F=PA, you need less pressure the wider the tyres are, but I've round in reality they sag in the middle when the pressure is low as the sidewalls are so rigid.

BMW 3-series sport models use the same size tyres and the recommended pressure for the rears is something like 44psi. I've tried all sorts of pressures but have found mid-high 30's feels nice in the rears with low-mid 30's in the fronts.

Reaction score
Country
Ok cheers guys, will most probly try something like 38 in the rear and 34 in the front and see how it goes :)

What Psi do you usually run when you go and do your pressures craig? cheers Nicko

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I normally go for 36 rear and 34 front but TBH you won't notice a few PSI anyway. They vary from day to day on my pressure monitoring system. They change by about 3 degrees between a cold and warm day.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I run 40psi front and rear. The ride is a little firmer, but the respone from the tyre is better as well.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah I think detailed settings are pretty specific to the brand of tyre and ambients temps... and obviously what you intend on doing with the car.

Even though she's a daily driver, my pressures have always been setup for some streeto action so around 30 psi for fronts (to get more grip) and higher at the back around 36 psi so they spin up a little easier :)

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
This thread is interesting to me.

I run 32psi front and 30psi rear.

Always thought that you needed more in the fronts due to the weight?

Grip and everything is fine, and the tyres are not wearing un-even.

Should I be upping the pressures?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol I think there's gonna be an anything and everything in terms of tyre pressure preferences...

Darren I like keeping mine lower on the fronts regardless of there bring more weight as I want as much grip as possible. Maybe tyre wear is a bit more but then again I can't really compare as I've got -2.5 deg camber so only 2/3 of the width of the tyre is being used haha :D

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Darren, have a play around with the pressures and see what it feels like. Whack the rears upto 40 and see if you can tell the difference.

BTW, what is the weight split between front and rear? I'm sure i read somewhere it is 52F:48R but can't remember where I saw it.

Reaction score
Yeah I think detailed settings are pretty specific to the brand of tyre and ambients temps... and obviously what you intend on doing with the car.

Even though she's a daily driver, my pressures have always been setup for some streeto action so around 30 psi for fronts (to get more grip) and higher at the back around 36 psi so they spin up a little easier :)
You wanna run 50psi in the rears like I do :D

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I run 34 rear 32 front on a 235 40 18 rear and 225 40 18 front,works well for me . Think its more down to trial and error and what feels right for you and Your car as no 2 people will like there cars to be set up exactly the same....

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Remember that the brand of tyres and their fitment will make a difference too. My fronts are slightly stretched and when I took it to the track, 40psi was perfect and I had nice and even wear (-1.5 deg camber). I tried running them at 38psi and completely wore the shoulder off the tyre, so now they are back to 40psi and the end result is I have to buy new fronts because they are illegal with the edge of the tread worn off.