What's new

Three S15 Facts...

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Ok got bored so thought I'd share 3 facts about my S15 lol...

1. Decided to sell my Silvia for £2,999 but had NO OFFERS??!! :no:

2. My driveway is not friends with low front bumpers. Just had this custom Works9 front end fitted last Friday and this is how she looks after 6 days of daily driving haha :wack:

3. OEM alternator pulley is 260g. The lightweight one my mate and I fitted today weighs 100g :thumbs:

That is all... for now :cool:

J

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Here is one fact though I would like to know :wack: see the S15 windscreen....
in my attempts of taking the bonnet of it kind of slightly grazed my windscreen....slightly :wack: dont think Gary @ Autoglass would know what I was talking about if I called up with a S15 and I dont think the Nissan price for a new one would be to good, but does anyone know if the S14 & S15 share the same screen? :eek:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I've no idea Allan about whethern S14/15 have the same screen??

Trial - yes I've changed the alt, water pump and power steering pulleys which came as a complete kit :)

K

kababaka

I've heard windscreens are hard to get! Very!
However, your insurance covers it with an excess of about £60? They set the excess so it's their problem! :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
They are certainly different Allan. I think they are about £700-800 from Nissan!

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
hmm thats a good shout for when I insure it next year again :)

Craig - well....**** that for an idea then :wack:

Last edited:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Hang on a sec.. has Benne bought Gav's Speed Factory 15..?!

Reaction score
Allan I can confirm autoglas can get windscreens for the s15 and most cars for that mater! I had mine replace after it got cracked a couple of months into owning the car. I can tell you the price of a new windscreen is £900 and takes atleast 4 weeks to come from japan. Luckly for me it was covered on insurance and had to only pay £75. So on that bases i paid £1300 for a years insurance and they had to pay for the replacement windscreen and the rubber surround and the guy to fit it so doubt they made much money from me this year! I have a brand window rubber surround if you wish to buy it?

As to james i shall also take you car for £2,999 i come collect tommorrow if thats ok with you! o and where did you get you get your pully set from in the end? i feel an investment coming along!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol Al - I've removed the sale now... seen the error of my valuation haha :p :D

Got my pulley set from Dan @ SRB Power although Japspeed also do a set as well. Only thing about mine was the alternator pulley (the smallest one) - the inner side of the pulley was touching a shroud which is just behind the centre spindle of the alternator unit. So when fitted, the new lightweight alt pulley would touch this shroud. My mate helped me to hacksaw part of this shroud off (it's aluminium so not too bad to cut off lol) so it span freely without the inner face of the alt pulley touching so that added a bit of messing about but nothing major! :)

See my Members' car thread for latest pics of them all fitted :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
them pulleys look really nice :)

if you get a new windscreen from the insurance company, doesnt it count as 'making a claim' and then you lose your no claims, and premium goes up? :s

sx-si

Reaction score
turboal how much you after for thewindscreen surround?
i need one as my windows are coming out very soon

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
if you get a new windscreen from the insurance company, doesnt it count as 'making a claim' and then you lose your no claims, and premium goes up? :s
No, windscreen cover is a separate thing, thankfully! :)

Reaction score
sx-si

I think the surround cost me £75 from RHDJAPAN i check there website i can find out. When they fitted my windsceen i only remember them fitting one surround around the top and sides of the window but the diagram on rhd specifies two which is the two new one i have. I'd be looking at £50 for the suround.

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Yea dude ones of my mates works for nissan so I can find the cost price on anything and if they have them in stock at the factory etc :)
Thats good to know though i scraped mine taking the bonnet off but can hardly see it so i might just cover it...
though the glass is slightly discoloured and polish isnt doing much so i might just brick it :wack: lol

V

vti_coupw

when you fix one thing something else breaks,
a paddle clutch will make sh1te of 3rd gear when drifting :( FML