What's new

SSR Professors - NEW RIMS *Need Opinions*

Reaction score
Make sure you get uber offsets though mate! The offsets in the pics are a bit gay. If you want some uber wheels try things like yahoo japan cresentshop.com and bidjdm.com :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Cheers dude - yeah the fronts will deffo need sorting and I'm already going to look into a replacement lip part which will change the width and offset etc :) But thanks for the linkies... can't view them at work but will take a look at home! :wack: :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
For sure,defo next on my list ,even the seats in my type r are so much better made ne realise its something that defo needs doing

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
For sure,defo next on my list ,even the seats in my type r are so much better made ne realise its something that defo needs doing
Yeah I really need to get my passenger seat sorted (refuse to chuck it out as I enjoy taking passengers when I'm going places lol). It's amazing now that I've got my driver's seat sorted how much passengers seem to be flying about inside the car when I drift and also on Nurburgring lmao :D

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Hahaha I bet,because you feel nicely strapped in in your seat I gues you don't think about the passenger,my mrs is always holding on to things when we are rounding corners,must be why lol

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
^^^ cheers fellas :)

Well... they finally arrived today woopass!!!!! :D :D

I've changed my mind a little in that I'm gonna put these on as is and see how they look... if I don't like then I'll get the centres done in gunmetal/anthracite so no biggie :thumbs:

One weird thing I noticed is that the rims are staggered and stickers on the inside say: 17x8J & 17x9J

But when I measure (couldn't believe they were that narrow) from lip to lip there's an extra inch??!! :wack: So it measures: 17x9J & 17x10J

Confused.com

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Measure the diameter too.. You'll find 17" wheels are actually 18" diameter ;)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Craig you've confused me even more lol :eek:

Are all these 'crazy wheel is bigger than manufacturer spec measurements' because of the 'stepped' lip thing going on here?? :confused:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
they look lovely mate, the reason the width seems bigger is because the real width is measured between the bead seats inside the rim ;)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
they look lovely mate, the reason the width seems bigger is because the real width is measured between the bead seats inside the rim ;)
Ah makes sense now! So I guess they are 8J and 9J then lol :)

Anyways - got them fitted today... can you believe the stupid original valve snapped on one of the rims so had to drill out the valve hole bigger since there was nowhere that sells small 6mm metal valves (which I think are JDM spec only) and in the end rushed over to local motorbike shop who luckily had some bike rim valves :wack:

As said I wanted to see how the cherry red looks first so didn't bother with changing centres to gunmetal just yet... I think this colour looks immense in the sunlight... even with blue car :D

James

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
fctuning.com

the rims are luscious mate.. :)

thought about throwing a set on my Bayside Blue S13 ;)

Enjoy.... Simply beautifully executed :)

The exhaust is a lovely touch!!

Needs to be watched on a HD monitor

Last edited: