What's new

Garage D

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
As i am sure a few of you may have read i sent my car in friday the 13th to get a helical diff built into my casing,as it had a 2 way in.
I came to the decision that i was'nt really going to use the car for anything more than fast road ,and maybe the occasional track day,so after looking around for a few months and not being able to find a diff in a casing i decided to get garage D to build a diff for me,for a very reasonable price using,what we thought at the time was a nismo sss 2 way lsd,as an exchange.
Now originally this was thought to only take 5 hour's,so i went to town did a bit of shopping etc whilst waiting for my car. I got a call a few hour's later informing me that the car turned otu to have a nismo 2 way from a skyline in it,even though it wasn't a copmpetition diff they said they would still do it at the same price but the bolts to hold the new diff in were a different size,to solve this they were going to take the casing off of an s14 and use the bolt's from that.
so 8 hour's later,with the diff casing off of the s14 it turn's out the bolts are the same size as the bolts on my car originally so they are going to have to keep the car another day.Whilst it was on the ramp's i got them to do a full inspection of the car (normally £100,but as they were working on it did it for £50) they found that the driver lower arm was bent,which i couldn't believe as i spent alot of money having the underside sorted at horsham and said to replace anything that needed replacing,he did the passenger side but missed the drivers side ,i don't know how as it was quite bent!!They also suggested i put locking collars on the car(normally 1 hour labour ,charged me half an hour :thumbs:)
so as the car was not going to be sorted eoin very kindly gave me a lift home as i live quite far from the garage,and awaited the call the next day.
Saturday i get a call to say the car is finished ,but as they left to test drive it the suspension had fallen off and the drivers front wheel caved into the arch!At the time i didn't believe it as i had spent over £1500 a few months previously having all my suspension sorted,full adjustable arms fitted new lower arm passenger side and tein steering rods,basically told everything was fine on the car and that it had been checked over.I don't know if they would have noticed as it probably not something you would check that it had the right amount of thread on the top of the strut but still couldn't believe it....
The long and short of it was it was how they said,i went to see the car monday,so i asked them to complete the work but they weren't sure how long it would take as they are booked 2 weeks in advance at the moment,so i was very happy to get a call tuesday saying it was all done! Had some spare tyre's that needed repairing and had them fitted as where the arm was bent had worn the inside edge of the tyre.The suspension had been fitted with the wrong spacer on the strut ,and therefore there was only about 2 or 3mm of thread holding the strut in place from above ,so they put a spacer half the size on and now is at least 1cm through the top.
So conclusion is my car feel's like a totally different car,never felt this good since i have bought it,the diff is much better suited to road driving than the old one ,which tried to lock up every corner i took loland the lockin collars really plant the rear end now there is no noticable pulling around at the rear on motorways like there used to be.It really does feel like i always thought it was supposed to i am extremely happy,even if it ended up costing me almost triple the orginal price,i am just happy no one was hurt and feel extremely lucky the suspension didn't fall off on the motorway!
Would definatley recommend garage D they have made my car so much better and have pointed out a few things missed by horsham ,so i will be going back in future,sorry for the long winded write up felt after my last thread on them should explain the circumstances surrounding it and the fact that they did nothing wrong and the car feels brilliant now!I have a very short fuse and am very overprotective of my car, thought i had all the problems sorted before now but we live and learn...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
cheers mate,the car is feeling fantastic! Now i need to get it over to you so we can get it on the rollers and make sure its not doing any damage as it seems to be running 1 bar boost! when i have some money again will be giving you a call!

Reaction score
Website
fctuning.com
Please to hear. Julian and Walton always look after people but more importantly GET THE JOB Done. Simples

With regards to a dyno check, not a problem after after power testing I can advise from that point. Cant really say too much until Ive seen and run the engine. Where abouts are you based ?

Reaction score
Website
fctuning.com
Hemel.. well not far. How are you fixed for weekends? early Sat ams (say 10am as an example)

Ill most likely get your engine power tested @ Hayes Engineering, DA81QL as its where Ive tuned n tested the majority of S15s ;)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
yeah thats cool mate ,sat am's no problem's be good to find out what its running was told the engine was standard,if it is it's quite worrying to be running that much boost!! how much would i be looking roughly?

K

kababaka

:DGood to hear everything is sorted! It must be a real downer to find out there are things wrong with your car that you didn't expect-but it's good to know that you were in safe hands and that the job has been done properly.
Garage D have an excellent reputation, and it's clear to see why:D

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Thanks,yeah as i said was just really lucky it happened as they were driving the car outta the garage,otherwise it could have been a lot worse!!luckily there was no damage to the car itself. i was very angry to find out there were things still wrong after i spent all that money getting it "sorted" but at the same time it could have been a lot worse,and they managed to sort it very quickly and the car has never felt better,so it turned out for the best in the end!:thumbs:
Still a few more things to do but luckily all minor things that aren't gonna break the bank,otherwise i would be in more trouble with the mrs lol

K

kababaka

Still a few more things to do but luckily all minor things that aren't gonna break the bank,otherwise i would be in more trouble with the mrs lol
haha! I have the opposite problem to you...My boyfriend keeps persuading me to spend money on my car...
"get this, get that..." hahaha!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Haha I love it!! My girlfriend doesn't drive yet,but she has decided she wants a rocket bunny in yashio factory pink,who am I to complain!!!!!
So hopefully when she gets her car she won't mind so much!specially as mine will be finished by then and her car will be my new project!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Rocket Bunny kits FTW haha!!! :D

Glad to see it's all sorted and all I can add is that I was recommended Garage D by a very reliable mate who's well into the drift scene to undertake the RB box conversion I'm planning to get sorted soon ;)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cheers mate,been a long few days!!!!
I have to say they certainly know their stuff, I jumped to conclusions because the story was so hard to believe but as I said they honoured their original prices on everything even though they must have spent a good 4-5 hours extra on the car at least! And the car feels so different can't honestly believe it!I would defo go there again and won't hesitate to recommend them in future!
you know it ,she loves both my cars so I convinced her early on she needed a jap ride,when she saw the bunny that was it ,she wanted one!and apparently it has to be yashio pink,so I am sure I will take that out for a bit of fun when she gets it!

Last edited: