What's new

turbo elbow

Reaction score
Tomei expreme are the elbows to have. Great fitment and really really well built

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Have to say japspeed stuff is utter crap imo :down: sorry guys but really dont rate their stuff at all my mates R33-GTST has a japspeed mani & elbo that were new, mani cracked in a week 1 and had to get replaced, not long after that the elbo cracked on the welds. if you can get a Tomei or HKS etc I would go that way for them :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
That's what I am thinking maybe over double the price,but if you only have to do it once then its defo worth paying the extra!

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
lol its probs the time of the day the work & welds are done :wack: think my mates must of been on a friday afternoon and someone wanted to get home lol

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol its probs the time of the day the work & welds are done :wack: think my mates must of been on a friday afternoon and someone wanted to get home lol
lol that cracked me up! And I'd expect every Jap part to be worked on by someone who is voluntarily working 12 hour shifts and is proud to be polishing a turbo elbow ready to put in the box at 2.00am... jobs a good un :D

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
hmmm not when they are getting 5p to take home a week :wack: am sure some of our eastern brothers wouldnt mind ramming a turbo pipe down our throats if they were at it till 2 in the morning....I know I would be thinking along the same lines if it was me....but I have all this week off work to chill watch some dvds and stay in my bed till 5-6 in the afternoon so its all good lol :rotfl:
back to the turbo elbo's I'am going custom = topmount :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Anyone know where I can get the tomei elbow cheaper than 211 delivered? Best price I have found so far will take 2-3 weeks.includes all charges

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Have you tried RHD Japan? I got mine from there recently and am sure it was much less than that. Still haven't got round to fitting it either.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I didn't see your post till just now mate,ended up getting it from apex,oh well! Really good quality though I must say! Can't wait to get it on the car now

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I am gonna try and get it fitted over the weekend mate,didn't u do a little guide for this? Or was that for the rad? I am looking forward to getting it on,just need to get hold of a gasket and a new o2 sensor as I have been putting aLl new bits on when replacing things saves me doing it in future,anyone know the best place to get these from?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Nah didn't do a guide for elbow but it's pretty straight forward.

If you haven't already take off the manifold heat shield etc first. Then there's access to top of elbow from engine bay. There should be x3 bolts where the elbow flange meets the turbo exit flange. Loosen these. Then go under the car and undo the three bolts/nuts that connect the elbow to downpipe. Once the downpipe is out of the way then you should be able to take off the two bolts on the underside of the elbow where it meets the turbo housing. So there's x5 nuts in total that need to be taken off to remove the elbow.

Lamda sensor is removed obviously from the engine bay above...

I would seriously WD40 every nut and bolt plus lamda nut you are removing the night before. Lots!!! :)

Deffo get your turbo to elbow gasket from Nissan. You might also want a gasket that goes between your new elbow and the downpipe (Conceptua Tuning sell these... don't need Nissan circular style). Lamda (O2) sensor I'm not sure if Nissan's the best place? Probs expensive!! :wack:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cheers for the info dude,the kit came with the downpipe gasket but not the turbo one. will crack out the wd40 then as some of the bolts look pretty rusted up.
I am getting used to the fact everything is expensive for this car lol:wack:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Hahaha trust me I know mate, I spent the whole of saturday re wiring my loom and wire tucking my arches plus running new silicone hosing for my intercooler spray and window washers,and fitting my engine damper,I told her I would only be a couple of hours lol 7 hours later hahahaha then today when I told her the gasket was 35 quid,she was like you mean to tell me u just spent 35 quid on that ! Do you really need it lol women psshhttt!!
Lucily she doesn't know how much the tomei elbow was otherwise I doubt you will ever hear from me again lol!!!:wack:
Just wait till she finds out what I have to fit to the car this weekend lol!!!!

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Have you bought a Tomei elbow yet? I might sell the one I have as don't need it yet.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hahaha trust me I know mate, I spent the whole of saturday re wiring my loom and wire tucking my arches plus running new silicone hosing for my intercooler spray and window washers,and fitting my engine damper,I told her I would only be a couple of hours lol 7 hours later hahahaha then today when I told her the gasket was 35 quid,she was like you mean to tell me u just spent 35 quid on that ! Do you really need it lol women psshhttt!!
Lucily she doesn't know how much the tomei elbow was otherwise I doubt you will ever hear from me again lol!!!:wack:
Just wait till she finds out what I have to fit to the car this weekend lol!!!!
lol that's exactly like me... all my mods are around 50% of what I paid for them when I tell the missus haha :D

Craig - I cannot believe you have a Tomei elbow tucked in your stash haha!!! Do you use that as a door stop lmao :p

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Craig - I cannot believe you have a Tomei elbow tucked in your stash haha!!! Do you use that as a door stop lmao :p

Haha! I've had it ages! Bought it just after I found a crack in my Japspeed elbow but as it wasn't here, I had the Japspeed one repaired.