What's new

Curryzz S15 silvia withdrawn from sale:)

Curryzz

Reaction score
Hello guys,
Iv come to my senses and decided to not sell my S15:nod:, I have been having so meny problems with her it has caused me alot of stress and being pretty unhappy to be honist, iv had an electrical fault which i have been unable to fix for the last 4 months, as soon as spring set in my car has been buggered which has been so horrible missing the shows etc, i have spent £2100 with three diferant garages to get the fault fixed, I had four cables shorting out between the engine and the bulkhead when i put my foot down which was causing the car to missfire when i put my lent on the throttle, i was over the moon to here that the 3rd garage had found the fault :) I thought great i can ejoy the rest of the summer, go to JAE also,

Untill.......

Tap Tap Tap, back to the garage i went to be told they think my bottom end is on its way out, i felt like kicking the car but i thought beter of it, I then went home and had a big think about the car, Do i get it fully rebuilt or just get it fixed with genuine parts, i have desided to just get it fixed for now, im going to get one more garage, Prob with Jez horsham to have a look over my engine and take it from there, But also tonight i met up with Roots from on here and brought his front mount intercooler he never got round to fitting:) so i have a few nice bits ready to go on the car now i just some enthusiasm from you guys to help me through having my engine out and all the stress i spect it going to cause.

Paul

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Dnt give up mate :thumbs:

My car has done my head in at times, nothing like what your going through.

At the end of the day its the Devil you know.

If you got another car it could be just as bad, but at least by getting this one fixed you know its good :cool:

I had my car off the road for nearly 6 months getting my Brembos sorted due to this and that.

Its all worth it in the end, see you at JAE ;)

Curryzz

Reaction score
Thanks bud, I just noticed half what I wrote wasn't spelt rite lol, been a long day. I really hope I can make JAE. Maybe a remap and some time getting the car how I want it may pay of in the end and make me love it again, I spent 3 hours yesterday trying to make my front speakers work, they have given up lol, just another thing to add to the list eh

Dnt give up mate :thumbs:

My car has done my head in at times, nothing like what your going through.

At the end of the day its the Devil you know.

If you got another car it could be just as bad, but at least by getting this one fixed you know its good :cool:

I had my car off the road for nearly 6 months getting my Brembos sorted due to this and that.

Its all worth it in the end, see you at JAE ;)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
lol, i know how you feel :)
the answer is you quickly have a word with this man sx-si
he has an s15 running engine for sale (nicely's old engine, the club founder) buy this for the princely sum of 700-00, then when your car is all back up and running you have the old engine spare to either build up to a good spec or break to get some money back :) if all went well and you did the first option then you could sell nicelys engine back on when the forged one goes in........just my thoughts ;)

sx-si

Reaction score
curryz take it to s-body automotive (polo's new garage on sxoc)
hes currently building my 400+bhp s15 and has been working on my cars for years and also building the apex 700bhp s14a (check his project thread)
im sure he will do you a cracking deal on a rebuild even if its just new bearings
danni (his gf) said she normally charges about 80quid for a trip upto his place in aylesbury from basingstoke

lol i havent been to shows for nearly a year and a half in my own car due to me changing my mind and building new diffrent cars
just wait untill its all working and a nice sunnday day with no traffic and it will be worth it dude :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yes mate total love and hate with my S15 lol :D

Glad you're deciding to stick with her... there are gremlins to deal with but when she's all fired up and working fine those past stresses seem to fade into the distance so quickly ;)

I'm looking for a second engine when funds are ready so I can pull it apart and use it as a learning process, take my time over getting a rebuilt engine up to spec with decent parts that will keep me worry free for when I can finally install upgrade turbo, cams, possible stroker kit and get her up to 400 bhp. That's after I've sorted out the RB box conversion first to handle the power and replace my dying gearbox haha!! :wack:

I've had to take out the turbo twice in two days the other week... once cos gasket failed and needed replacing and then after spending all day on her, she decides to piss oil everywhere the day after and I had to pull over side of road and buy more oil just to get her home grrrrrr!!! Wanted to sell her after that problem was sorted but TBH I see a lot of failing points as a chance to modify. When the aircon packs up I'll rip it out. Speakers don't work properly since about 2 years ago. Just turn up my stereo louder as only one half works lol :thumbs:

M

militition

rebuilt engines
Posted by stercheThe ones you ought to consider are the ester based ones - Fuchs Pro S, Redline, Motul 300V, Millers CFS or Gulf Competition. They last a lot longer than other oils on track and give better protection. Lee, Rock oil is a basic option and although it's cheap, it really isn't very good. You'd be better off using one of the ester oils and getting the full use out of it (roughly 10 solid hours of track use). Even if the Rock oil is changed every session, the ester oils will be giving better protection even after several hours of use.
Where can I get a salvage one cheap?