What's new

Which wheels, in 17s or 18s -You decide (Big brother Stylee)

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Yeh i hear you, an 8j on the rear isnt really big enough :no:

I agree that a chunky 5 of 6 spoke wheel would do, although i like the split spoke design of the Works wheels.

:EDIT: I have been told by "my wheel guy" that a 245 will fit on the 8j, which would be a good size for the rear :nod: any comments on that?? Time is running out, i have untill the 20th July (this year) to have new wheels fitted :rolleyes: Damn you Mr Police man :rant:

Reaction score
yeah, you can fit a 245 on a 8" rim - it just depends on the sidewall profile. You can in fact fit up to a 235 (from memory) on the standard 6.5" rim, but the rolling diameter of the wheel goes slightly out of spec (+20mm). I saw an interesting chart in a tyre shop which showed the ranges of tyres which fit on various rim sizes (in order to keep the rolling diameter the same as standard). From memory, the min/max tyre range for an 8" rim with our rolling diameter (630mm?) 215/45/17 - 235/40/17 (245 was 5m over I think). Your local tyre shop should have a reference chart. Still, you don't want your tyre choice right on the edge of the acceptable range. A 9" rim will also allow you to go to 255 if need be. do it once, do it right - go for 9" at the back :thumbs:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Can get these - Bit like the GTR Rota ones

Of course i wouldnt have the chrome :no:
Sizes - 8j +30, 9j +30 or 9.5j +15 :eek: So they dont look like they will fit :no: :(

L

lj~R

Just wondeing if im running Rear 17 x 9 (255)+ 45p off-set Front 17 x 8 (225) + 45p off-set
Will this fit on s15 (stock suspension ) :confused:
thanks

Reaction score
Hey Topper, those offsets are exactly the same as the Koya DriftTek rims available here in NZ. I've seen these on a S15 but I can't remember whether the guy was running 8's or 9's at the back. Given I'm running 9"s with a 38J offset, I think you'll just get away with it provided you roll your guards and get adj rear arms. It'll be touch and go though. Get your local shop to do a trial fit on the rear, that'll give you an idea of what can be done (if your guards, arms etc aren't already done). In reality 30J is just a bit too far out for 9" rims.

Reaction score
lj~R said:
Just wondeing if im running Rear 17 x 9 (255)+ 45p off-set Front 17 x 8 (225) + 45p off-set
thanks
On paper - it should be ok. 255 on a 9 inch rim - I'd think you'd need to roll your guards. 245 is plenty, I wouldn't worry about going to 255.

Also, check the design of the wheels for the front, 45 is the standard offset from memory. The calipers on the front stick out and won't clear some rim designs. I tried fitting a 35p wheel to the front of mine and it was about 10mm off!

always trial fit - even if it fits on paper, reality can bite you in the a$$.

Reaction score
I run a 9" +38 rim on the back of my s15 with a 255/40/17 tyre and haven't had to roll the guards at all. The main issue you will have with a +45 will be the tyre/rim to strut clearance. Check that out first!

L

lj~R

I-nearly-bought-a-batty said:
lj~R said:
thanks
On paper - it should be ok. 255 on a 9 inch rim - I'd think you'd need to roll your guards. 245 is plenty, I wouldn't worry about going to 255.

Also, check the design of the wheels for the front, 45 is the standard offset from memory. The calipers on the front stick out and won't clear some rim designs. I tried fitting a 35p wheel to the front of mine and it was about 10mm off!

I'm thinking about the offset to fit in rear may hitting the strut. Is that possible to solved by adding spacers?
i'm also worry about adding spacers can causing werid handing ...is that right :confused:

L

lj~R

lj~R said:
I-nearly-bought-a-batty said:
lj~R said:
thanks

I'm thinking about the offset to fit in rear may hitting the strut. Is that possible to solved by adding spacers?
i'm also worry about adding spacers can causing werid handing ...is that right :confused:
waiting for seller's information to updated.......because the offset seems wrong~sorry

C

cloudandy

wheels

HI all

i have a set of advan with 17x8 at the rear with lowered suspension, would it clear the arches normally?

thanks

C

cloudandy

thanks mate, i'll get some pics and show u guys later since im a newbie ;)