What's new

Reactions to your S15

K

kababaka

:D having recently bought an S15 I am currently basking in the glory of it all! I have had a few :thumbs: as I drive past, and the other day I had my window open and heard some dude say "THATS A SWEEEET CAR!":D:cool: whilst drooling in my general direction.
I've sat outside cafes and seen people stop when it's parked and have a look too...

I have a pretty standard, Spec S as well!

So just wondering what kind of reactions you long standing S15 owners have experienced, lets have the good and the weird!:notworthy:

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Pretty similar reactions really.

Lots of thumbs up from other car drivers, people stopping to look, have heard same kind of comments as I've driven past people also.

Even had a guy in a Bently turbo asking me what it was and and tell me how nice it was at some traffic lights on a roundabout once

The kids down my road love it as well as there always like wow look at that while they stop their bikes to have a look.

These cars are generally well received I find.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
I was parked up and went into a shop came out and there was 2 old guys late 50's would say asking me what kit I put on the car (clearly didnt know what it was) and spent about 10 min chatting to them about it :) its nice when people actually take time to appreciate something they probs wont ever see again lets face it more chance of walking down the street and seeing 2 evo's go past than a S15 Spec R or Spec S, also had I guy asking if I would swap my Spec R for his old shape gsi astra that was "rappid" apparently.....I just put the foot down lol
I have to say I will be crying on the inside when it goes away for the winter for a rebuild I never want to get out mine :(

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
it's wierd this has come up now, i claybarred the car last week and the other day the back brakes on my saxo siezed so i drove the 15 to work.....anyway, on the way home i stopped to collect a pizza, and a couple of lads had got out of a civic and were looking at the car. i had a 11 mile drive home with the hot pizzas and one of them asked if they could take a photo, as much as i'd loved to have had a chinwag about cars i hopped in and said 'yeah if you hurry up' lol

its always had a great reaction from people old and young, every asks if its a skyline though, i just say 'no its better than a skyline' lol.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
I have to say I will be crying on the inside when it goes away for the winter for a rebuild I never want to get out mine :(
you doing it too lol, mine comes off end of september until after crimbo, but i'm looking forward to it :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol I remember the very day I collected her from Mike @ Torque GT... May 19th 2007 which was also same day as Japfest that year :D

On the way home I stopped at local petrol station just outside Buckfastleigh and an old dude (really... he was about 70 haha) said what was that and after explaining I just picked her up he said 'you'll definitely get the ladies in that one' lmao. And no, I didn't tell the wife about his wise words :p

Since then I still to this day get all sorts of people looking and on the odd occasion someone will be asking me what it is and what I've done with her mods wise etc. And for some reason like Darren says a lot seem to always say 'is it a Skyline' even though I don't have a Nissan badge in sight?! :wack:

Love it!!!

S

S15 SILVIA

I get the skyline question loads, and It really winds me up! Ha ha.
I just say can't you read the badge on the back?
Even took the mrs's brother somewhere in it a while back, and he asked why it says silvia on the dash? Thought it was a skyline!!! Ahhhh.

Generally get lots of looks tho, as they are still pretty rare, specially from the usual boy racers in their halfords specials! Ha ha

K

kababaka

Hey lets see a picture of that thing!!!!!:nod:
I will be taking some new pictures once i've had the coilovers fitted and stuff...speaking of which, my new rear light have JUST arrived! :)

My boyfriend is a named driver on my car, and I hate it when people ask about the car when he is driving - the glory always happens then.:mad: So we have a deal that the second someone mentions the car, he needs to point out that it's mine! haha (I know you probably think i'm mad letting him drive but men HATE to be in the passenger seat, it makes them feel less of a man when their gf is driving them about..he always bribes me into it!)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
WHAT!?!?!? you let someone else drive your car?!?!? I have only let a handful of people drive my car. Even my wife hasn't driven it. I know she is scared if she damages it. I think it funny that you have that deal nothing would be funnier that after telling someone they have a nice car that is their girlfriends.

As for the comments, I have got quite a lot of "nice car" comments. I even had 3 young guys pull up next to me at a set of lights and ask if I want to sell it. Obviously, my answer was no.

K

kababaka

haha he is sometimes reluctant, but other times he enjoys saying "it's hers!" because he thinks people will be jelous that he has a girlfriend that has an S15.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol my missus won't touch mine... I keep saying 'drive her... you're on the insurance policy dammit!!' but she hates being a passenger let alone the driver and the twin plate clutch will just make her cry and want to set the car on fire haha :)

I know female owners of fast cars get it worse than us blokes... bet every little spotty Saxo/Corsa owner tries to race you?! :wack:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Same as everyone else I suppose, get comments all the time. Had people in traffic/driving next to me asking what it is etc.. :) Had it on the way to the SXOC weekender in the convey, I was sat in traffic on the M6 (usual Birmingham traffic) and this white van with a load of builders sat in it was looking at all the SX 200's and I was near front, so he said "nice car pal, but you've got some scrappers behind you" lol...

Reaction score
Have got the 'is that a Skyline?' question before. Others include 'look a Nissan' and once 'what's that silver box behind your bumper?'.

Reaction score
lol at all the replies...

I love the 'HEY!! You haven't turned your car off...' and my reply is 'Turbo Timer pal!!' haha :thumbs:
Haha, I'm always expecting to hear that, but never have got it before! Guess its because I hardly drive mine, as it's always off the road as I'm always changing things on it!

K

kababaka

lol my missus won't touch mine... I keep saying 'drive her... you're on the insurance policy dammit!!' but she hates being a passenger let alone the driver and the twin plate clutch will just make her cry and want to set the car on fire haha :)

I know female owners of fast cars get it worse than us blokes... bet every little spotty Saxo/Corsa owner tries to race you?! :wack:
haha, we have a few that go to the garage near our way but non tried to race me yet...as i say i'm in a pretty standard S. If they did I'd just laugh to myself, I like driving to be relaxing, I have an S15-I don't have to prove anything to them!

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Ah I miss this :(

Mine always got a great reaction from all sorts of people, it was only a spec S but it was my daily so I had it everywhere I went.... I got stopped by loads of people in petrol stations asking about it, what it was and what I'd done to it and it always got loads of attention when I was stuck in traffic driving it through town... I even got stopped when I was parking it in town and asked if I would consider selling it!

The best though is the likes of M3 drivers and Porsche / Lotus drivers taking a second glance at it when you're stopped at a set of lights. Generally by the look of them they haven't a clue what it is but would always nod or smile or something.... I even had a woman in a carrera 4S try to get me to race her on an empty motorway - I didn't though (Spec S :annoyed: ) there were a couple of M3's which tried the same over the years and an Elise which I surprised through some local twisties just before I sold it :cool:

Can't believe you let him drive it though, the only other person to drive mine was the guy that serviced it until the new owner bought it off me :cry:

Last edited:
K

kababaka

I trust him-he's a very experienced driver :D Plus...I told him that he has to let me drive his car now hahaha! It's certainly not standard! Not even sure i'd dare!
He also lets me drive his van! LOL! It's actually quite fun!

Last edited: